Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pepi View Post
    Finished the hand cart conversion, finally got the weather I needed to paint it.

Attachment 31781
    Attachment 31782
    Attachment 31783
    Attachment 31784
    Nice job.

Almost done welding mine up.

Welding Table Retirement - Mint Design
    Thermal Arc 185TSW, Lincoln SP135+, 4-post automotive hoist, 2x media blast cabinets, 50 ton press, 80gal air compressor, 4-1/2"x6" bandsaw, 4'x4' Torchmate CNC table with plate marker, Hypertherm Powermax 65 plasma cutter, ultrasonic cleaning stations

Default Finally finished mine, including the paint

I bought my welder about 3 weeks ago and used it to repair my elderly plow. I then decided I need some type of cart and walaa, I found this site. I looked at a lot of pics and decided to design my own. I drew it up, and its frame is built form 1x2 1/8" tubing. Got no fancy metal saws, so it was sawzall and angle grinder with cut off wheel. Anyway, what do you all think?
    DSC00148.jpg
    DSC00149.jpg
    DSC00151.jpg
    DSC00152.jpg

Thumbs up

some photos really cool! very interesting topic. thanks for all who post photos here.

The one thing that I really like about my welding table is the looped gussets. They allow me to slip whatever filler I need for the job at hand.

TIG welding and CNC cutting - Mint Design

You can see some ER70S-2 filler rods at the bottom. They are still in the PVC tube, the cap is taken off and the tube with the filler is slid under the table. When the job is done I just put the filler away. The next job may have some SS or AL filler put in it's place.
    Thermal Arc 185TSW, Lincoln SP135+, 4-post automotive hoist, 2x media blast cabinets, 50 ton press, 80gal air compressor, 4-1/2"x6" bandsaw, 4'x4' Torchmate CNC table with plate marker, Hypertherm Powermax 65 plasma cutter, ultrasonic cleaning stations

Default My welding cart attempt!!

Here's my attempt at a welding cart that has about everything you need to make it convenient to store most everything welding related, I scratch built it from mostly stainless, only because I got the SS in a deal....I installed an electrical sub panel, all wired safely, to eliminate running multiple power cables across the floor, not the cheap way to do it, but it's much nicer. Power is fed from a 220V wall outlet in the garage, it splits to 110v at the cart panel enabling the use of the TIG cooler.

It also has the air line plumbed for the plasma cutter that includes a filter. I would like to have a reel for an air hose but ran out of room. Overall a really fun build. If anyone would like to see the entire build thread, you can check it out at http://the510realm.com/viewtopic.php...114&start=1395 I warn you, there are lots of pics and pages to check out![IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by goichi1; 04-12-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Nice, great job. Perfect fit too. I don't know about the chippin hammer. That drawer is gonna get heavy after a few swings.

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    Nice, great job. Perfect fit too. I don't know about the chippin hammer. That drawer is gonna get heavy after a few swings.
    Nice one! I hadn't thought about that!! Thanks for the kind comments!

Cool

Like the cart all painted blue and the chipping hammer is different. I have about 100 of those springs that screw on 1/2" rod if anyone needs some drop me a pm...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Quote Originally Posted by goichi1 View Post
    Here's my attempt at a welding cart that has about everything you need to make it convenient to store most everything welding related, I scratch built it from mostly stainless, only because I got the SS in a deal....I installed an electrical sub panel, all wired safely, to eliminate running multiple power cables across the floor, not the cheap way to do it, but it's much nicer. Power is fed from a 220V wall outlet in the garage, it splits to 110v at the cart panel enabling the use of the TIG cooler.

It also has the air line plumbed for the plasma cutter that includes a filter. I would like to have a reel for an air hose but ran out of room. Overall a really fun build. If anyone would like to see the entire build thread, you can check it out at http://the510realm.com/viewtopic.php...114&start=1395 I warn you, there are lots of pics and pages to check out![IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    The cart design looks really nice. I was wondering though, are you not concerned about the lack of air space behind the welders for air circulation? Page 19 of the 211 manual specifies 18" of space behind and in front for air flow. I believe the space requirement spec is the same for the Dynasty too, I know it is the same for my MM252.

It mentions the air space on page 17 of the Dynasty 200 manual.
    Last edited by clint738; 04-15-2013 at 10:23 AM.