Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 LastLast

Awesome carts guys!! I'm getting ready to build one myself! A lot of good ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Pass-N-Gas View Post
    Here's the setup for my syncrowave 250

Rod boxes on both sides of the cart

Tig torch ready for action..

Front wheels / trailer tongue quick pin in to place to move it across town

the next cart will be for the Hypertherm 1250..it will be an off road version for the outback (behind the shop)
    NICE BUD! But thats like putting a chevy motor in a ford! Never mix red and blue!

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerboy View Post
    NICE BUD! But thats like putting a chevy motor in a ford! Never mix red and blue!
    Good point..

However that was the last of the Rustoleum Polyurethane..

Besides, it's MF Red
    Steve

Bobcat 250EFI

Syncrowave 250

Millermatic 350P

Hypertherm 1250

A Bunch of tools

And a forklift to move the heavy stuff with..

Looking at CNC Plasmas

It's Miller Time - Get Back To Work!

[QUOTE=Pass-N-Gas;293566]Good point..

However that was the last of the Rustoleum Polyurethane..

Besides, it's MF Red [/QUOTE

LOL, I just traded in my MF165, for a kubota mx5100. I miss that masey!

Almost done with my aluminum cart! My first welding project!

Does the trick
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi there, I've been watching this thread closely for ideas for my own welding cart. I figured I'll post up my progress.

Ultimately I wanted my cart to be able to hold 2 machines and 2 80 cu/ft cylinders. Right now all I have is a MM211 but I'm planning on adding either a diversion 180 or a dynasty 200DX (if I can find one for the right price)

The panels need ground a little bit and they'll sink in further. Other than that my design plans are pretty much used up and I'm kind of playing it by ear right now. I have 3 slots for tanks and I think I'll use one for TIG rod holders.

I am a ford tech by trade so don't mind the tool boxes. Welding is just a hobby. I also made that light weight rolling work table in the back ground. I use it like a big tool cart for some of the larger diesel jobs.

-Matt
    Last edited by m-saunoras; 10-20-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Painted the cart last week. Also picked up a dynasty 200dx to compliment the MM211 I've had for several years.

I will find some pics of the tank strap I found and am using for this setup. The only thing left I want to add is some rubber mat to keep the machines from marking up the surface or sliding around.

edit-

swiped this tank strap from a cylinder rack that was no longer being used.

edit again - today I ordered a 3'x3' sheet of diamond plate 1/8" thick rubber mat. If like the way it looks I'll cut it into sections and glue it down to the panels.
    Last edited by m-saunoras; 02-03-2013 at 07:54 PM.

Cut and glued the diamond rubber mat today. I really like the way it came out.

Also set the machines in place. I'm still waiting on my 80 cu/ft tank of argon to come in before i strap the cylinders in. The little 40 in the back is going to be my back purge/spare.

well.... here is one cart I made for the diversion 180. NOt as pretty as some others here, but it serves its purpose well.