Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Default All AL cart for 200DX and Bernard style cooler

Here are better pics of the cart.

moto_0386.jpg
    moto_0385.jpg
    moto_0384.jpg
    moto_0383.jpg

Default here is how I capped and sealed the tubing rod holders

small piece with both ends capped and showing the brass freeze plug installed in one end.

moto_0387.jpg
    moto_0381.jpg

Default Welding Cart Dynasty 200dx

Built a cart for the dynasty. Did it a little different. I understand why most manufactured carts that have 4 wheels use sheet metal to build them. There is inherent built in flex so all wheels are always on the ground. The bottom frame was buit with 2x2 120 wall tubing that does not flex at all. The back end of the cart that holds the bottle is stiff and stable while the front has some rotation or suspension so all 4 wheels are on the ground, even with a stiff frame. The rest of the frame was built with tubing; 1 5/8, 1 1/4, and 1". The feet of the welder fit into 1 1/4 tube. The bottle holder is 1 5/8 bent half round with a strap holding in the back. Works great.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Cart for "on-the-go" jobs

My first project using the MillerMatic 180 Auto-Set: making a portable welding cart. It is easily balanced like a handtruck and navigates over uneven surfaces without a hitch.

In the second photo, the height clearance of top workspace provides easy access to inside of welder.

Finally, storage drawers for welding consumables and tools are modified to fit from a manufactured kit.

"Necessity is the father of invention."

Default Dynasty 350 custom cart

Just finished this cart for my new Dynasty 350 and Coolmate 3.5 cooler. I designed it with 2 sliding tool drawers, one on each side, and 6 filler rod channels. I then had the entire cart coated with Line-X.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by tasslehawf View Post
    Ha! This is like the African Newspaper welding mask.

Lol that's awesome, especially the first one!

I took a semester of welding and had so much fun I bought a welder. Here is the 1st thing I made with it.

Jeez, I guess I didn't think to much of it when I made up a little cart for my little mm 180 from some scraps I had, I think the only thing I bought were the two front casters. I just wanted a little mobility, since my big Syncro has always been stationary. But I really like some of the more elaborate carts on here with drawers and bins for supplies and accessories.

Last edited by Johnp256; 07-14-2012 at 11:31 PM.

Default Great Job!!

[QUOTE=stan921;289336]I took a semester of welding and had so much fun I bought a welder. Here is the 1st thing I made with it.

Impressive first project! The cart looks well thought out, well made and color matched to top it off. Keep doing this quality of work and you should have a very successful fabricating future.

Quote Originally Posted by stan921 View Post
    I took a semester of welding and had so much fun I bought a welder. Here is the 1st thing I made with it.
    Very nice! Do you have any more pix you could post? -Chris