Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 4beater View Post
    just got a 211 and put it to work making a welding cart.....not done just ran out of steel
    Wow.. I like it, really like it. Less is more. Couple of questions?
    Where else were you planning on adding steel? The only thing that I can see that I'd be a little bit nervous about is those tall bottle supports are cantilevered pretty far off the base. I'd sure like a tie in to the rest of the frame, either on one side or both sides of the tank.

Can I use you for inspiration for my next cart?
    --zip

Quote Originally Posted by zipzit View Post
    Wow.. I like it, really like it. Less is more. Couple of questions?
    Where else were you planning on adding steel? The only thing that I can see that I'd be a little bit nervous about is those tall bottle supports are cantilevered pretty far off the base. I'd sure like a tie in to the rest of the frame, either on one side or both sides of the tank.

Can I use you for inspiration for my next cart?
    --zip
    i was planning on one bar to the bottle supports, so i could still get the bottle on from the other side.
    and **** yes, use it as inspiration. thats why i posted it, to share with the world.
    25 feet of steel and 10.00 for the wheels at menards, plus primer and paint. i think all together i have 65 dollars into it.

My welding cart made out of scrap railing which used to line a college dorm. It's only primered at the moment and doesn't have a gas bottle yet for the back platform.

Next to the cart is my mechanic's shop seat made out of angle iron and expanded metal. Both were welded using MIG.

Default My first project

Here is a picture of the cart I made. When I bought my welder the carts were of 100 dollars so I figured I could make my own. This is literally my first welding project. Since I have built it I need to change some things around. I need a handle and I also need bigger hanger for my leads.

DV,

I like the red one. <G> Little comfort details sure help the job along!

Cheers, Rufus

here is my twin rack and stand i built for the 252

Anything you could do, I could do better.
    I can do anything better than you!
    Lockheed Martin
    Armco Steel, Baltimore
    USW local #3185

Quote Originally Posted by stugots View Post
    here is my twin rack and stand i built for the 252

Very nice job. See you included the spool gun rack. How's your helmet, did you figure out what made it quit working? Only thing I can think of was the sensors were blocked, and wouldn't activate the lens.
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

thanks dave,

im pretty sure it was my sweat getting into where the batteries go,,, im going to see if i can seal the cracks with some spray clear or maybe some wax.

anyways,,,,, i did order that 9100xx speedglas with the crown, free standing bib, some anti fog and a big wool sweat band,,, even got a respirator that fits under it,, it should be here today,,, ill put it through some tests and post my findings.
    Anything you could do, I could do better.
    I can do anything better than you!
    Lockheed Martin
    Armco Steel, Baltimore
    USW local #3185

Cool Mower Hobart Simply " The Mowbart "

" The Mowbart " Here in Cali that would be"The Weldziant"

[/QUOTE]

Default Just finished cart wanting that Miller 211 Soooo...... imagine its blue

I'm a new member, awsome people. great siteDSCN0255.JPG.DSCN0246.JPG