Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Superchip!

As long as it works and suits you fine, that's all that matters!

Positive opinions of your handiwork from others is the icing on the cake!

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    Now that is something different
    When you get the Dynasty back on the cart, how about snapping another pic?

Here it is back on the cart where it belongs...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I got a lot of great ideas off everyones carts and I thank everyone, I have to build a TIG cart some day and with all the ideas i'm getting it's going to be bad a$$ cart. I don't have the talant to bend pipe, wish I did, because that roll cage look is cool.

I hope more people will post there carts, I sure would like to see them.
    Millermatic 350P
    Miller 30A Spoolgun
    Miller Spectrum 3080
    Miller Pro 300
    Miller 12RC Suitcase

I've been piddling in the shop, and thought I would build a tig/plasma cart. This is as far as I have gotten. I had an electrical reel, and a small cabinet that seem to work quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by b-footn View Post
    I've been piddling in the shop, and thought I would build a tig/plasma cart. This is as far as I have gotten. I had an electrical reel, and a small cabinet that seem to work quite well.

Is that electrical reel for a cart/welder nurse cord or a accessory cord for grinders ect. If it is a nurse cord, can it handle 6/3 cord or 8/3 (50 amp or better). Ether way that is a awsome idea, so keep us updated.

PS, I like the cabinet too.
    Millermatic 350P
    Miller 30A Spoolgun
    Miller Spectrum 3080
    Miller Pro 300
    Miller 12RC Suitcase

Quote Originally Posted by superchip73 View Post
    Is that electrical reel for a cart/welder nurse cord or a accessory cord for grinders ect. If it is a nurse cord, can it handle 6/3 cord or 8/3 (50 amp or better). Ether way that is a awsome idea, so keep us updated.

PS, I like the cabinet too.
    I have about 100 feet of 8/3 that I'm going to put on the reel for powering up. The reel was supposed to be for my rig, but it was too big, so this is a good use for it. The cabinet came from SAMS club. I'm planning on painting the steel gray to match up with the reel and cabinet. I picked up the back wheels at Northern tool. I ran out of Argon yesterday, and I'm forcing myself to wait instead of grabbing some 6010 and finishing the project.

Quote Originally Posted by b-footn View Post
    I have about 100 feet of 8/3 that I'm going to put on the reel for powering up. The reel was supposed to be for my rig, but it was too big, so this is a good use for it. The cabinet came from SAMS club. I'm planning on painting the steel gray to match up with the reel and cabinet. I picked up the back wheels at Northern tool. I ran out of Argon yesterday, and I'm forcing myself to wait instead of grabbing some 6010 and finishing the project.
    I have about 80 feet on my cart and it is a PITA to get the cart back to the station, the cord keeps get under the tires. The next time my cart goes under the knife for reconstruction, I will have to steal your idea if you don't mind. The cabinet idea is great for storage and looks good, but I don't have room on my cart for much storage, just room for consumables. Anyhow you have a good start on a very clean and functional cart, uncluttered is the way I like them.
    Millermatic 350P
    Miller 30A Spoolgun
    Miller Spectrum 3080
    Miller Pro 300
    Miller 12RC Suitcase

Quote Originally Posted by superchip73 View Post
    I will have to steal your idea if you don't mind.
    I don't mind. My next project after this cart, is a receiver hitch carrier to carry the cart to the job. (dual purpose carrier to carry the streetglide would be nice too). My side work involves working on the roofs and mechanical rooms of skyscrapers.

I have my portable on a trailer that I carrie from job to job and I think that im gonna make it so I can roll it off the trailer so I can take the welder right up to my work and dont have to extend my cables

I thought I would update the progress of the cart. I wired the cart for power, now I need to secure the Dynasty, make hangars for all the cables, and rod holders. A daunting task, lol.