Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Here is the whole works almost done...
    The others are right when they say there needs to be provisions to keep the blade from going up too high when hitting a large pile and that there are a ton of interference issues involved. Like Sberry said, sometimes its not worth the effort involved, but in this case it was a $1100 mount or a new $4000 blade. Good luck and post pictures when you are done!

For what its worth, since I got this done, we have had an incredible amount of snow and they've used the heck out of it with no problems. I will admit that I cringe when the phone rings and see it's the guy I built it for. He always starts the conversation off with, 'ya the truck is in the shop getting the blade welded back on'. Thankfully he's always joking......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by willy; 01-25-2010 at 06:25 PM. Reason: picture edit

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    Here is the whole works almost done...
    The others are right when they say there needs to be provisions to keep the blade from going up too high when hitting a large pile and that there are a ton of interference issues involved. Like Sberry said, sometimes its not worth the effort involved, but in this case it was a $1100 mount or a new $4000 blade. Good luck and post pictures when you are done!

For what its worth, since I got this done, we have had an incredible amount of snow and they've used the heck out of it with no problems. I will admit that I cringe when the phone rings and see it's the guy I built it for. He always starts the conversation off with, 'ya the truck is in the shop getting the blade welded back on'. Thankfully he's always joking......
    Willy i never seen a plow mounted that far under a truck in my life.I,m honestly surprised it has not slammed into the radiator lower support and takin it out.Not saying your wrong but i have repaired/mounted many of plows in my day and fabbed and mounted quite a few heavy trucks 6whlrs,10whlrs.But i guess if it works it good.
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Quote Originally Posted by admweld View Post
    Willy i never seen a plow mounted that far under a truck in my life.I,m honestly surprised it has not slammed into the radiator lower support and takin it out.Not saying your wrong but i have repaired/mounted many of plows in my day and fabbed and mounted quite a few heavy trucks 6whlrs,10whlrs.But i guess if it works it good.
    I'm not doubting your years of experience, and I can see by the pictures provided how one might think this, but I guess I can't see how it would get into the lower radiator support. Everything is tied into the front of the frame and the bottom mount is basically holding up the weight of the blade. I wish I had a picture of the bottom mount connected to the frame mounts, I can't honestly see where it would be an issue. I'm not saying you are wrong and I'm right by any means, but I'm always open to suggestions and positive criticism. I studied this whole setup pretty hard, and actually had the blade on the truck 2 times before commiting to this setup. I guess I'm not sure how else a guy would do it without changing the position on the hydraulic cylinders and changing the whole geometry of the blade to try to shorten up the whole assembly, which would basically come to buying a whole new blade. I've looked at it a few times since it left my shop to see where there may be issues, but haven't come across any yet, but more snow tonight and it could very well be the straw that broke the camels back. I hope I'm right and you're wrong

Looks too good.

Talking Snowplow?

I need a little help with marketing this idea. I can't seem to get the local folks to put money on my table for one of these. Nice job though.
    Mustangs Forever!

Miller equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by captkipp View Post
    I need a little help with marketing this idea. I can't seem to get the local folks to put money on my table for one of these. Nice job though.
    Market it as a "beach regrading blade". Of course then you could sell them a "high flotation device" so their truck won't get buried in the sand.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24