Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Great conversation guys. Use the same viscocity synthetic oil as the manufacturer recommends for standard oil after break in. It is recommended to run 100-200 hours wth conventional oil to break in the engine. Synthetic oil is great for small engines. If you want your engine to last a long time, stay away from Ethanol based fuels as well.
    Have a great day!

John Leisner
    Product Manager
    Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

Owner and user of:
    Trailblazer 302 and Legend 301
    Smith Dual Guard oxy-fuel system
    Various borrowed Millermatics and Spectrums.

I got a couple engines I am going to run synth in, going to see if I can make the season with single change. One doesn't get that many hours, called for 30 wt and with dino nothing but that seemed to work right, had hi temp oil pressure drop but the 5-40 synth seems to be working and is really noticeable at low temp starts. I had been changing it to a multi dino for winter, hours and loads were low as were temps but its a pain, looks like the synth is going to work and the savings in a couple filters minus a whole change,, and service when busy may pay. Just put it in Kohler lawn mower too, gonna go for 250 hrs or so before I even think about it again. Been trying it in some golf carts too, they really get pounded here, over heat, over load, etc. Might be able to make those on 2 changes or so a year. I had been changing about once a month when they work hard.
    Might cost more but last longer and in some equipment reduce the need for change just due to seasonal temps.