Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Vin-Man, if I am understanding your post, from what the electrician told me you are correct. I am running single phase so no red but he said as long as one of the lines were not going to red (L3 on the machine) or using red as neutral it should have worked. It didn't matter which line was going to L1 or L2, no polarity on 220. I like to know which is which though, if I have a problem with black on one end, I know it is black all the way through. Easier to diagnose.

I like your plug set up. I think I need to make a run to the electrical store to buy some plugs. I would like to make a plug for 115 also just in case the need arises but I don't see any wiring configuration for 115 in the manual. I see research in my future. Thanks again guys for all your advise.

Is your compressor 3 phase?

It was when I picked it up but I bought a new single phase motor as I don't have 3 phase in my garage.

Fishinfool-
    Single Phase-

Your sparky is sorta correct In normal 240v application either hot can be connected to either Pole and if you leave the Dynasty set up for 240v Only it doesn't matter BUT..

The Dynasty can run on 120v using an Adapter to go from the 240v to a 120v Plug and then the White and Black wires DO have to go to their appropriate terminals on the 240v Plug so that they correspond to the Standard wiring on a 120v Plug.
    White to Silver
    Black to Gold
    Green Ground.

Last edited by Broccoli1; 01-21-2010 at 03:58 PM.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Thanks that is what I needed. Just wanted to make sure I would be hooking the 115 up correctly. I don't plan on running 115 but if I go mobile and don't have my ranger or the option of 230 I would like to have a plug for 115.

Well just to end this thread, the distributor I purchased the dynasty from picked up the machine and sent me a new one. I wired the plug, apprehensively plugged it in, turned it on, lights came on and all was well. Now it is time to play. Thanks again to all who posted advise I greatly appreciate it.

Dynasty 200 DX
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Many many other tools cluttering up my garage