Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The electrician coming by tomorrow has done electrical for inverter welders and is going to double check everything. If it is a wiring problem which I doubt I don't want it taking out another machine. I will see where things go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by onefishnfool View Post
    The electrician coming by tomorrow has done electrical for inverter welders and is going to double check everything. If it is a wiring problem which I doubt I don't want it taking out another machine. I will see where things go from there.
    Good Luck, I think that's the best route to take !

........... Norm

Sunrise Outside My Shop In Delhi, Ontario

- Arcair- K 4000 CAC.

- LN-25 Wire Feeder

- Lincoln Ranger 8- Engine Drive- CC\CV:

- Lincoln Power Mig 180C
    - Spoolgun.
    - DeWalt Chop Saw .
    - DeWalt Compressor - 13cfm, @ 100 psi.

www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Give the electrician your 200 dx owner's manual and he can see EXACTLY how to set it up. Its very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by dseman View Post
    Give the electrician your 200 dx owner's manual and he can see EXACTLY how to set it up. Its very easy.
    Good advice...if it is a single phase operation, remember the Red lead gets taped back. While we do hook up every machine and ensure it is working when it leaves the factory, there are those rare times when one fails out of the box. It is hard to say what happened if our engineers are not the ones to open it up, if you have seen some of the shipping companies handle packages, it seems the bigger they are the harder they throw it!!!

kw
    Kirk W.
    Weld Engineer
    Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

It is single phase and the red was taped back. I am not assuming anything at this point until the electrician comes by. I do have the manual ready for him. I have dealt with FREDs (Freakin Ridiculous Electronic Devices), to put it cleanly, for over 25 years and know brand new electrical devices sometimes fail out of the box beyond anyone's control. The case does have a scratch on the side but I can't say that was from delivery as the box did not have visible damage. We will see shortly where things stand as the electrician will be here soon. Thank you guys for all your advise.
    Last edited by onefishnfool; 01-18-2010 at 08:25 AM.

Sounds like you have a good plan to cover all the bases. I'm sure you'll have it fixed one way or another.
    Millermatic350P/Python, MillermaticReach/Q300
    Millermatic175
    MillermaticPassport/Q300
    HTP MIG200
    PowCon 300SM, MK Cobramatic
    ThermalArc 185ACDC, Dynaflux Tig'r, CK-20
    DialarcHF, Radiator-1
    Hypertherm PowerMax 380
    Purox oxy/ace
    Jackson EQC
    -F350 CrewCab 4x4
    -LoadNGo utility bed
    -Bobcat 250NT
    -PassportPlus/Q300
    -XMT304/Optima/Spoolmatic15A
    -Suitcase8RC/Q400
    -Suitcase12RC/Q300
    -Smith oxy/propane
    -Jackson EQC

Well the electrician just left. He asked to look at the manual and said everything was wired correctly. He tested everything and gave me a clean bill of health. I called the distributor and he has a new machine coming. I can't wait to try out the new machine!!!

Great!!
    Millermatic350P/Python, MillermaticReach/Q300
    Millermatic175
    MillermaticPassport/Q300
    HTP MIG200
    PowCon 300SM, MK Cobramatic
    ThermalArc 185ACDC, Dynaflux Tig'r, CK-20
    DialarcHF, Radiator-1
    Hypertherm PowerMax 380
    Purox oxy/ace
    Jackson EQC
    -F350 CrewCab 4x4
    -LoadNGo utility bed
    -Bobcat 250NT
    -PassportPlus/Q300
    -XMT304/Optima/Spoolmatic15A
    -Suitcase8RC/Q400
    -Suitcase12RC/Q300
    -Smith oxy/propane
    -Jackson EQC

maybe I'm way off, but i was under the impression that you can hook the four wires up in any cross patten and it will still work?
    i have a four plug that i use for my plug off the machine and my cords off that dictate the phase and volts. so my red wire is terminated in the plug.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TB 325
    TB 302
    dynasty 200sd
    spoolmatic 30a/wc24
    suitcase x-treme 12vs
    miller 211
    evolution rage 2

Well the electrician just left. He asked to look at the manual and said everything was wired correctly. He tested everything and gave me a clean bill of health. I called the distributor and he has a new machine coming. I can't wait to try out the new machine!!!
    I am happy to hear the good news. Enjoy your new welder and welcome to the board.
    Nick