Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default New 165 start up

Anyone know the details of the requirements for HF grounding, is it needed, what is the purpose?
    An intire page is devoted to it in the owners manual.

That page is mostly a precausionary measure. Since that machine uses HF inpulse and only to start the arc, I highly doubt you will have any HF problems. HF can affect computers, phones and other electronic devices.
    That information is good to know if you are in an "electronic sensitive" environment. Labs, Nuke plants, Airports, Wife's TV

Andy

I have my 165 on the other side of the wall (ie garage on one side of the wall family room on the other) from our TV/entertainment center and I've not had any issues.

I know when I used to run a Syncrowave 250 that was not HF grounded it would "bite" you every once and a while. But being a sync HF ran 100% of the time.

Hope this helps.

Chris
    MM 175
    Diversion 165

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.