Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Levity

Just remember if it wasn`t for Thomas Edison we would have to watch TV in the dark.

Oh, and don`t forget the other great inventions,ejector seats for helicopters,and screen doors for submarines.

Talking

Anybody want to buy a parachute? Used once never opened.

If I buy a buffalo on credit will I get a buffalo bill?
    Flash me! I'm a welder.

American by birth, Union by choice! Boilermakers Local 60

America is a Union

And how far will a kitchen sink?
    Flash me! I'm a welder.

American by birth, Union by choice! Boilermakers Local 60

America is a Union

Default Home Sweet home

Quote Originally Posted by Dustyhaze75 View Post
    ya, I used to go to mountview reload in chilliwack when I hauled lumber. sure SMELLS good there hey? lol ........I used to fuel up at lickman road. I would visit my family in chiliwack more often but my wife cant stand the smell. It smells like cow **** for thoes of you that dont know. lots of farms around there.
    You know, once you get used to it, it really is a great thing. (You do get used to it after a while) Whenever I go away I can always tell when I have trully arrived back by the smell.
    Dynasty 200DX, first generation
    Makita 5" grinder
    Makita 14" abrasive saw
    IR SS5L compressor
    Whole bunch of hand/air tools.
    and a wish list a mile long

Talking

The little train that could ……………………………
    the welding is coming along good. I just have to come off the pedal slower near the end of my weld bead, I also have to move the torch a bit instead of holding it still while I come off the pedal. I'm getting the famous pin hole thingy majig at the end of my weld bead. practice, practice, practice. It's expensive to practice on aluminum. I've ran out of scraps. I'll go down tomorrow and see if I can get any more scraps. I doubt it tho. I might have to dip into my stock. I think I'll get some flat bar instead of using my expensive 1 1/2" square, round cornered tubing. It seems to never end. I'm always needing something. when, not if, i become a millionare lol the things I need will just be a bit bigger and a little more expensive. like CNC machines etc. I traded my hacksaw in for a miter saw lmao. now alls I have to do is trade my oxy/acetylene setup in for a plasma. 2 years later and things are finally coming together. I feel like Im building a spaceship in a doghouse. lol. my shed/shop is small, but it's mine and everything is paid for. thats the way I like it. I always pay for what I have or I save up for it or do the layaway plan. I never credit large priced things to my accounts. no money, no product! thats why its taken me so long to get set up. not to mention each step takes time due to ordering/shipping etc.(thats what happens when you live in the middle of nowhere) tomorrow I'll try it without the pulse. last time I tried it I blew through it like it was butter. I guess its like driving a car. you wouldn't keep the gas pedal pinned to the floor or you would crash. well same thing. plus I had my balance up. I know what I'm doing wrong so its only a matter of time. tomorrow I'll try the settings that you suggested and with a little practice I'll get it. I'm a very fast learner. the pulse feature sure gives me a beautiful bead tho. I won't give up untill I can do it with and without pulse. it'll help me get a better understanding. thanks for the advise signwave. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. I just have to be smarter than the metal. lol
    Last edited by Dustyhaze75; 11-22-2007 at 12:12 AM.
    Syncro250DX Tigrunner
    Victor set
    Elite auto-helmet
    Dewalt Bench grinder
    Mastercraft miter saw
    Mac air tools
    Mac hand tools
    Toothbrush
    pencil
    toilet paper