Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

7A749
    Thats been one of my problems , I want to get something with a warranty to cover electronics on an inverter machine just in case of problems in the future.I am not going to do the deal with the guy if there is no warranty left on the welder.
    I dont have that much in the shoptask maybe 2500 over the year but have made a few parts that have helped pay for the machine and not it seems like if I get rid of it I will just get a smaller mill not the lathe mill combo machine, the only time I use the lathe seems to be polishing so I can make a spindle with a chuck to polish instead of taking up so much room in my garage.
    I would like to have a welder with a little more punch to it as well for when I do .250 work so I get better penetration and not have to bevel and do multi pass to get the job done..
    Gary

Nice looking CNC. Good job. Do you have any issues with dust getting on the worm drive & causing stalls? I had that problem with a Multi-cam CNC I used have.(it's been retired to the corner of the shop as a brake table). I made a little brush to run on the shaft to keep the dust from getting in the gears & it helped a lot. Maybe mine was just touchy.

Quote Originally Posted by pro70z28 View Post
    Nice looking CNC. Good job. Do you have any issues with dust getting on the worm drive & causing stalls? I had that problem with a Multi-cam CNC I used have.(it's been retired to the corner of the shop as a brake table). I made a little brush to run on the shaft to keep the dust from getting in the gears & it helped a lot. Maybe mine was just touchy.
    With the vacume I made for it it seems to keep 85% of the dust down so i have not had problems with it stalling, I thought about using the same type of brush that I bought for the dust collector and put that on the ballscrews if I have problems but so far doing OK with it..
    I got a $99.00 dust collector from harbor freight and it really has a lot of volume on the collector I was surprised how much it kept the dust down.The first cuts I made literally clouded the shop with dust until I added it.
    Thanks
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by GaryV View Post
    7A749
    Thats been one of my problems , I want to get something with a warranty to cover electronics on an inverter machine just in case of problems in the future.I am not going to do the deal with the guy if there is no warranty left on the welder.
    I dont have that much in the shoptask maybe 2500 over the year but have made a few parts that have helped pay for the machine and not it seems like if I get rid of it I will just get a smaller mill not the lathe mill combo machine, the only time I use the lathe seems to be polishing so I can make a spindle with a chuck to polish instead of taking up so much room in my garage.
    I would like to have a welder with a little more punch to it as well for when I do .250 work so I get better penetration and not have to bevel and do multi pass to get the job done..
    Gary
    Yeah, you're certainly on the right track. I wouldn't want one unless I got some kind of warranty with it as well. Larry may have something if this doesn't work out & you're still looking. The stick welding capabilities of the 200 will handle most of what you want to do with ease.

You could pick up a bench top mill cheap down the road if you part with what you have now. Always lots of options.
    So you're telling me...You're not nostalgic? Then, give me another word for it......

7A749,
    do you have a link to Larry's website, I searched for the site and pulled up all the regular sites.
    Thanks
    Gary

7A749,
    do you have a link to Larry's website, I searched for the site and pulled up all the regular sites.
    Thanks
    Gary
    He doesn't really have one, but you can reach him by email or phone.

214 577 9353

weldersales@airmail.net
    So you're telling me...You're not nostalgic? Then, give me another word for it......

Quote Originally Posted by 7A749 View Post
    He doesn't really have one, but you can reach him by email or phone.

214 577 9353

weldersales@airmail.net
    Thanks Again
    gary

With the vacume I made for it it seems to keep 85% of the dust down so i have not had problems with it stalling, I thought about using the same type of brush that I bought for the dust collector and put that on the ballscrews if I have problems but so far doing OK with it..
    I got a $99.00 dust collector from harbor freight and it really has a lot of volume on the collector I was surprised how much it kept the dust down.The first cuts I made literally clouded the shop with dust until I added it.
    Thanks
    Gary
    Gary.......where did you get the brush material? Your cnc looks good. I made mine in the fall of 2006. It's in the projects under shop I believe. Mine is 60" x 60". Steppers, Xylotex, Mach 3, Aspire.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Hey Monte,
    I orderd it from MSC they have it by the foot and differnt sizes as well.
    I dont have the part # or anything but do a search on MSC site for brush material and you will find it, only a few bucks a foot. I think mine is 5/16 so I made a small slot in the plate that I just tapped it down into it without any pins or glue. It is a pain to cut because when you do it has a .062 hard wire wraped in the aluminum sheith to hold the bristles in so I pinched mine with ****s first then cut to keep the bristles from falling out..
    If you cant find it just post again and I will see if I can find the link to the material..
    Thanks
    Gary