Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newest build

Default newest build

just thought i would post some pics of some builds i have done recently....i did both of these for local builders....let me know what ya think

Last edited by t chassis; 01-11-2010 at 02:53 AM.

Default what tube?

Hi,

you may have told us in an earlier post, if so could you repeat it please?

Could you tell us what tube you're using? Size and wall thickness? And what do you use to bend and notch?

could I inquire what area of the country are you located? I'm east of Sandy Eggo, if you're near by any chance of seeing it up close and personal?

Fred
    Frank
    (aka Fred)
    MM200 (antique and still cook'n)
    Lincoln 160 buzzzzzz box - left to live with a nice youngster
    Dynasty 300DX
    Spectrum 625
    Chevalier Knee Mill - Bridgeport clone you idiot.
    Homebuilt tube bender - with home made dies no less
    Delta Drill Press & Grinder collection

Needed - a bigger shop to use the stuff

i use alot of different tube size....1/2" 5/8" 3/4" 7/8" and 1 inch lol....just depending on what it is...i use different sizes for bracing and things, and for brake pedal ect....and i use .058 and .065 tubing although most of it is .058...and i live in west virginia....if i lived closer i would not have a problem with that no

Cool

Wow i am a half hour from WVa at the panhandle but you can't be that close just my luck. Nice work...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Yup, looks like a good way to get yourself killed in a hurry...

At least if I was at the controls!!!!

Looks pretty cool.
    So you're telling me...You're not nostalgic? Then, give me another word for it......

Default Actually...

TC,

Are you in the "city" or the "hills"? I'm from Webster Springs, I have some property near Holly River State Park.

On the tube, what flavor do you use, HRW, DOM, 4130? What are you bending with?

And what do you do for sand, I don't remember any in the area?

Fred
    Frank
    (aka Fred)
    MM200 (antique and still cook'n)
    Lincoln 160 buzzzzzz box - left to live with a nice youngster
    Dynasty 300DX
    Spectrum 625
    Chevalier Knee Mill - Bridgeport clone you idiot.
    Homebuilt tube bender - with home made dies no less
    Delta Drill Press & Grinder collection

Needed - a bigger shop to use the stuff

i am frome parkersburg wv....about an hr from charleston....but i currently live right across the river in ohio.....about 5 mins from parkersburg....and i use molly on them....and i bend with a jd2 bender....nothing fancy its a manual bender but works very very well.....and there is no sand but these are built for strictly sand drags 300ft or less of a drag race....some tracks are dirt some are all sand some are a mixture of the two....fastest i have been in 300ft is 3.61 seconds at 90 mph....world record is 2.76 at 121 mph....thanks for your replys guys

Cool

So you are in Meigs County, Pomeroy area? Nice place there. My wifes family is from Longbottom...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

i would say prolly about 45 mins from there although we do race at the meigs county fair lol...