Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Another Cart Thread

I couldnt stand the clutter any more. I allready had one of Millers decent mig carts but I knew I could make it better. LOL. I added a Cylinder rack to the back of it two hold 2 cylinders. One for 25/75% and one for 100%. I also ran a #10 power cord 18 feet long and put in two 220 volt receptacles. no more 6 foot cord for me! After that I added an top shelf for a 165 tig welder and a filler rod rack on the side as well as hose and cable racks on both sides and one on the back for the large power cord. One cord at the wall and power on the cart for both welders. In the pctures I have a 125 mini mig but the cart is made for the tig thats in the photo as well as a Hobart 187 hence the two 220 receptacles. What do you guys think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hotrodjohn; 01-10-2010 at 05:18 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodjohn View Post
    I couldnt stand the clutter any more. I allready had one of Millers decent mig carts but I knew I could make it better. LOL. I added a Cylinder rack to the back of it two hold 2 cylinders. One for 25/75% and one for 100%. I also ran a #10 power cord 18 feet long and put in two 220 volt receptacles. no more 6 foot cord for me! After that I added an top shelf for a 165 tig welder and a filler rod rack on the side as well as hose and cable racks on both sides and one on the back for the large power cord. One cord at the wall and power on the cart for both welders. In the pctures I have a 125 mini mig but the cart is made for the tig thats in the photo as well as a Hobart 187 hence the two 220 receptacles. What do you guys think?
    Nicely done hotrodjohn whit the base of ''decent mig carts'' and yes we can do it better to fit whit are need!
    XMT 304 cc/cv 208/480 volts
    Lincoln wire feeder LN-25 w/Contactor and Gas Solenoid, w/magnum 400 and 200 gun's (12 ft)
    Spoolmatic 30a w/Flex Head tube 10'' XRA
    Flexible Head Tig Torch w/Gas Valve (25 ft)
    Foot Control RFCS-14HD
    Side-to-side rotary-motion fingertip Current Control
    Miller process Selector Control w/external solenoid valve
    Stainless steel welding cart
    Makita LC1230 Dry cut saw

www.ricau.ca

Smile

Nicely done Hotrod.
    Mustangs Forever!

Miller equipment.

Look at those cute little cylinders.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

I know those cylinders kind of suck. The rack should hold 80s ok though

Just tease'n ya a little.

If they meet your needs and don't run out too quickly for your taste - no need to sink money into bigger ones.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

as long as it works for you. good job.

Nice job. You packed everything in there pretty tight, but can still get at what you need. I may need to crib some of that cart design for my space challenged work area.

i made this one

Here it is with the 187. I really thought about this one. I almost bought the 180 Miller. I had that 125 Hobart for years and abused it plenty. The best price I could find for the 180 was 765. I thought for the price I payed the Hobart was a better deal. I used it briefly tonight and it makes WAY more heat than the old 125. LOL. Here is a picture on the cart and the link for what I payed for the 187
    http://farmandfleet.com/products/537...3dhobart%2b187