Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Floating Boat trailer

This was the trailer a built for this boat and my concern was to get lower as possible, so a decentrer the axle and the frame. The result was very good, hitch it whit a car ( Vibe) a dint have to get to far down in to the water to let the boat go. What was funny is the trailer was floating when the boat is launch,,,becose of the frame are weldind seal and whit the tire full of air, it's float a bit
    XMT 304 cc/cv 208/480 volts
    Lincoln wire feeder LN-25 w/Contactor and Gas Solenoid, w/magnum 400 and 200 gun's (12 ft)
    Spoolmatic 30a w/Flex Head tube 10'' XRA
    Flexible Head Tig Torch w/Gas Valve (25 ft)
    Foot Control RFCS-14HD
    Side-to-side rotary-motion fingertip Current Control
    Miller process Selector Control w/external solenoid valve
    Stainless steel welding cart
    Makita LC1230 Dry cut saw

www.ricau.ca

That tongue looks awfully long for the size of the square tube. Unless it’s some magical steel I bet it doesn’t last long if you go over many bumps. Might consider installing a piece of flatbar inside the tube to help matters.
    Caution!
    These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Iron View Post
    That tongue looks awfully long for the size of the square tube. Unless it’s some magical steel I bet it doesn’t last long if you go over many bumps. Might consider installing a piece of flatbar inside the tube to help matters.
    tank's for your reply Sonora, and yes the tongue is long and just at the right longuer. At the end of it, when a hitch, it's weight near 45 pounds and perfect balance, whit 3/4 of the weight on the axle. The tongue is 2x2x1/4'' tick. A check before built this trailer whit other of the same size, and they all built whit this kind of 2x2 long tongue! Ricau
    Lincoln wire feeder LN-25 w/Contactor and Gas Solenoid, w/magnum 400 and 200 gun's (12 ft)
    Foot Control RFCS-14HD

www.ricau.ca

Might want to plug in some numbers to this calculator to see where you’re at.

http://metalgeek.com/static/deflection.php
    Caution!
    These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Looks nice.
    Was it any trouble loading the boat back onto it?

If I was going to use 2-by-something 1/4-wall tube for the tongue, I would have used 2x4 on edge, rather than 2x2. Other than that, the trailer looks nice.
    Millermatic350P/Python, MillermaticReach/Q300
    Millermatic175
    MillermaticPassport/Q300
    HTP MIG200
    PowCon 300SM, MK Cobramatic
    ThermalArc 185ACDC, Dynaflux Tig'r, CK-20
    DialarcHF, Radiator-1
    Hypertherm PowerMax 380
    Purox oxy/ace
    Jackson EQC
    -F350 CrewCab 4x4
    -LoadNGo utility bed
    -Bobcat 250NT
    -PassportPlus/Q300
    -XMT304/Optima/Spoolmatic15A
    -Suitcase8RC/Q400
    -Suitcase12RC/Q300
    -Smith oxy/propane
    -Jackson EQC

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock40 View Post
    Looks nice.
    Was it any trouble loading the boat back onto it?
    There was not much trouble loading back in to the trailer becose a don't go to far deep so it doesnt flot
    Foot Control RFCS-14HD

www.ricau.ca