Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

More. Painted and did some wiring to my home made center console switch box. This will control the 6 head strobes front and rear independently as well as the "tractor lights" and "off-road" lights. I also have my plow controls mounted on here.
    T.J.

Miller Dynasty 300DX
    HTP MIG 240
    HTP 380 Plasma

Bridgeport Milling Machine
    South Bend Lathe
    Etc. Etc....
    tjsperformance.com

Got it mounted on the truck and wired up (what a pain that was). Anyway, the holes I drilled in the plate for the bolts does not work. The head if the nuts or bolts from under the bed does not fit. The heads hit on the sides. Only the front bolt works. So I had to make a sandwich plate and bolt assembly the resembles a back rack bolt set up. I was able to find some bolts laying around and make this thing work. I just need to get some washers . T.J.

Miller Dynasty 300DX
    HTP MIG 240
    HTP 380 Plasma

South Bend Lathe
    Etc. Etc....
    tjsperformance.com

Pics and ready.

Miller Dynasty 300DX
    HTP MIG 240
    HTP 380 Plasma

South Bend Lathe
    Etc. Etc....
    tjsperformance.com

Nice job and clean detail work!

Very nice !

good job
    im going to be doing something like that on a friend of mine's truck soon
    im also maken it a dumpbed its going to be fun
    good job thanks for all the pics

Quote Originally Posted by TJS View Post
    Machined the plates for the stake pocket and also did more simple geometry for the miter cut for the top piece. I mocked it up with wood. The digital level reads in 10ths. So you really can't get more level than that. Yay my math worked. Here are some pics. And, I still only have 40 bucks into this thing.
    T.J.

I was going to ask you why you didn't just use the plasma cutter to make the cutouts, but then i popped over to check out your website, and thought "ah hah, he sure does like precise, quality work." That is some nice work done at your shop.

Well that looks good

Quote Originally Posted by Joe from N.Y. View Post
    I was going to ask you why you didn't just use the plasma cutter to make the cutouts, but then i popped over to check out your website, and thought "ah hah, he sure does like precise, quality work." That is some nice work done at your shop.

Thanks, but that is not my shop, all the work done is at my house in my garage. I consider myself lucky.
    T.J.
    Miller Dynasty 300DX
    HTP MIG 240
    HTP 380 Plasma

South Bend Lathe
    Etc. Etc....
    tjsperformance.com

Nice job. If anyone noticed in the finished pic he used a chain link welded to each upright on the bed side to tie stuff to. These are cheap & work great. Always a good idea to add acouple to a project like this.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24