Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Another project

Hybrid View

Default Another project

Now that I got a few weeks of work out of the way, I have some time for another project.

11ga P&O sheet

These are the sides I cut today out of two 4x10 sheets, the photos don't show it too well but there are some pretty good curves. My aim is to at least give it some illusion of having a partial twist, I am very limited on clamps of any size, so I am having to resort to 2x4's and threaded rod. While it will not have an actual twist, it will have some good compound curves.

I will add another 4-5 ft section to the top to add to the twisting illusion ( I hope )

I am building this one as a prototype, I want to make the next one bigger, and some how get a full 360 in there somewhere.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Wow

Very nice. All I did today was make a turkey LOL

looks cool nice job keep the pics coming

Cool turkey, That's why you save old sawblades

A few more photos from today.

Looks great Bubba!!!

What is the end use of this project going to be? Are you using it for yourself or are you being commissioned to build it for someone else? It looks like something you'd see in a commons area of a mall or in the courtyard of a fancy office builcing.

Did you design this yourself?

I can't wait to see the finished project. Please don't let the thread die out without showing us more pictures.
    Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
    Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125
    Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodjohn View Post
    Very nice. All I did today was make a turkey LOL
    I like it. looks good.

Thanks, How's the snow in Maine ? My other half wants me to take her to Bar Harbor. Never been there in winter.

HaHa, I said No kinks

I see from my own photo, that I do have a nice kink, where I was clamping it with the Unistrut.

I didn't see it out in the garage. Maybe I can shrink it out.

A few more photos, I have one more piece to put on tomorrow, Then I have to get a piece of 1/2 plate for the base.