Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Smile What About The Ultimate Welding Table

Hi guys

I am planning to built my own welding table: ( 4x6 on wheel and jack ) , and i am looking for the best and most practical ideas about that , with all the experience out there in this forum , i am sure to read and see pictures of your own welding table and why you did it that way .

THANK YOU ALL

Bobby:

Hello,
    Keep in mind if you have the top sheared then it will be crowned. My top is 1/2" thick 3'x4' it is crowned about 3/8". Not a problem for just welding small stuff or beating on it.
    But it sucks trying to jig off of it. I am working to score a machine base that is 1 1/2" thick and is blanchert ground flat size is about 4'x4'. larger would be nice, but can't complain- it should be free for the hauling.
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

The way to not get distortion on a shear is to cut the piece from the front of the machine since it pushes the cut off the back. I had a guy at the steel yard not know that, and his co-worker piped up before I could say it. Seems as though he must've been new.

The caveat to this, is that they're not going to cut a little chunk off a full sheet just so you can get a flat table. What you want to do is find a piece that isn't a drop from another cut and use that.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

to get a few good ideas on a table go visit the hobart sight and go to welding projects Iron-Iceberg has built an awsome table well thought out i wish i had built one like that before steel went out of sight