Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default For Sale: Miller Syncrowave 200

Came across a nice very lightly used Syncrowave 200. 2006 model year bought in 2007. Comes with Weldcraft torch, regulator, gas hose, wall plug, pedal and electrode holder. Anyone near the Chicago/Illinois is welcome to test it if they want to buy it...Looking for 1475. Very clean Tig machine!
    SRN-LG420053L
    Kevin
    630-677-1530
    Attached Images Attached Images
    XMT 304
    Miller Spectrum 625
    Miller 30a spool gun
    S22a
    Miller Legend 302
    Lincoln LN25
    Ford f450 Maintainer Srv Truck

Thumbs down

Kevin, on Sun, 8 Jul 2007, I won a Miller Maxtron welder from you on eBay, for $510. That was, admittedly, a good price for me as the buyer.

The transaction failed, as you informed me that the welder was not available, as you accidentally sold it prior to auction end and could not cancel the auction.

(I have copies of all related emails).

Now I see that item number one on your welding equipment list, is "Miller Maxtron 450".

What is the story here?

Default i sold it off ebay

I@said this before I sold the welder before the auction ended. I have owned 5 maxtrons, infact had you not been so difficult to work with I would have given one to you, as I got two of them about a month after the auction. In the auction I stated item is for sale locally. I was tired of arguing with you then, and I'm already tired of arguing with you now!
    XMT 304
    Miller Spectrum 625
    Miller 30a spool gun
    S22a
    Miller Legend 302
    Lincoln LN25

I passed on an item from a local seller before as he insisted that I go through his EBAY sale, Now I under stand his insistence. He could not sell me the item even if I paid more without screwing over his top bidder. The dynamics of integrity in the digital age, can be baffling. I now have more respect for the guy than I did at this time. I think i might have called him a %#$@#$ but just to myself.

Learn something new every day Thanks ichudov for posting.

10+ years in the machinery buy & sell business..

Local CASH sales ALWAYS take priority over ANY online transaction.

(As long as the item has not already been "won" & paid for. Then it's a done deal)

Plain & simple.

Call it what you like.

Money talks & local buyers are easiest to deal with on many levels.

IMHO, of course!
    Last edited by 7A749; 12-30-2009 at 07:48 AM.
    So you're telling me...You're not nostalgic? Then, give me another word for it......

Default local sale

Same thing here I sold the welder to a supplier of mine. I aqctually sold the welder for less than the ebay price. Ebay has now changed the format to allow for auctions
    to be cancelled, again I even offered the name of the buyer but he was convinced I had some grand sceme, truth be told I just wanted this welder gone because I never used it and it was the most beat up one I had.
    Kevin
    XMT 304
    Miller Spectrum 625
    Miller 30a spool gun
    S22a
    Miller Legend 302
    Lincoln LN25

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 7A749 View Post
    10+ years in the machinery buy & sell business..

Local CASH sales ALWAYS take priority over ANY online transaction.

(As long as the item has not already been "won" & paid for. Then it's a done deal)

Plain & simple.
    In my case, his Maxtron was already "won" by me. I offered to pay cash or paypal shortly after auction end.

I sold plenty of things on ebay, and had a few disappointments such as things that I paid real money for that ended up closing for $0.01. I did not like following through on such transactions, but I did so.

Default sale price.....

I was not unhappy with the sale price! I paid 100 bucks for that maxtron, I bought it a few years prior as. A nonworking parts machine. It turned out it had a bad fuse inside and a stickiking power switch, then for 2 years it sat inside my service truck and I would use it when I had power. I sold that welder for I think 300 or 400 it was rough on the outside, it was a well used machine. Look at my feedback I have nearly perfect feedback, I'm sorry that the transaction ended the way it did, but I don't think there is anything I can say to resolve this.
    Kevin
    XMT 304
    Miller Spectrum 625
    Miller 30a spool gun
    S22a
    Miller Legend 302
    Lincoln LN25

I buy off of E bay and some things bother me. Why is it a buyer commits to a bid and should honor it. I agree. But a seller can stop an auction because the bids are not high enough. I know they do that. They can always say it was purchased locally, it was stolen, it has been damaged and God knows how many other reasons not to honor the auction. Also many sellers have no idea
    what they are selling, if it works, etc. I won and paid immediately after the auction for a business radio only to have the seller change his mind about selling it. I missed bidding on other radios. Sellers need to stop using the phrase "Works Great" when they haven't clue even how the item works. I bought a 5 beam laser Nov 17 for a good price. It was described as working great. I received the laser which might work one minute and not the next. Piece of crap. After the seller not responding well to me I finally stopped the card payment. It's odd he did credit my card the same day. A month later.
    I'm sure the buyers give the sellers fits also. You really have to pay attention on e bay. There's a lot of stupid people there.
    Last edited by monte55; 12-30-2009 at 12:57 PM.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Default ebay.....

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    I buy off of E bay and some things bother me. Why is it a buyer commits to a bid and should honor it. I agree. But a seller can stop an auction because the bids are not high enough. I know they do that. They can always say it was purchased locally, it was stolen, it has been damaged and God knows how many other reasons not to honor the auction. Also many sellers have no idea
    what they are selling, if it works, etc. I won and paid immediately after the auction for a business radio only to have the seller change his mind about selling it. I missed bidding on other radios. Sellers need to stop using the phrase "Works Great" when they haven't clue even how the item works. I bought a 5 beam laser Nov 17 for a good price. It was described as working great. I received the laser which might work one minute and not the next. Piece of crap. After the seller not responding well to me I finally stopped the card payment. It's odd he did credit my card the same day. A month later.
    I'm sure the buyers give the sellers fits also. You really have to pat attention on e bay. There's a lot of stupid people there.
    So many people want to compare ebay to rb auctions, or say they wish it was more fair. Fact is most ebayers would agree that its the sellar who gets screwed the most. Monte in you situation with the laser any real auction you bid you get there is no refunds. There are buyers premiums, there is no such thing as nonpayment. How many times have I sold an itwm on ebay then not receive payment? Or had buyers show up and haggle the price of the item because they expected it to be different. Finally sell a battery charger with the descreibtion saying broken then have the buyer complain to ebay he received a broken charger, (I lost that case??????). Fact is an ebay auction is nothing like a real auction and to compare the two is pointless.
    Kevin
    XMT 304
    Miller Spectrum 625
    Miller 30a spool gun
    S22a
    Miller Legend 302
    Lincoln LN25