Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yard Art

Wow!

It isn't a logo anymore, it's a work of art.

VERY good job.

Very cool Gotta love stainless

How did you make the sphere?
    Equipped with red and blue... and red and green!
    80% of failures are from 20% of causes
    Never compromise your principles today in the name of furthering them in the future.
    "All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work." -Sgt. Bilko
    "We are generally better persuaded by reasons we discover ourselves than by those given to us by others." -Pascal
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." -Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Bodybagger View Post
    How did you make the sphere?
    I bought the sphere, I did not have a lathe big enough or the experience to spin the two half spheres it is made of. I found a company in Wisconsin that makes ornamental stainless items like the sphere - I think I paid about $180 for it - seemed reasonable given the complexity of making your own.

It is made pf two half spheres welded together - they did a really nice job of making a full sphere.
    Synchrowave 180
    Millermatic 210
    Spectrum 375