Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 8"x8"x7' I Beam For Sale Or Trade

8"x8"x7' I Beam For Sale Or Trade
    Let Me Know What You Have To Trade
    Or What You Want To Pay
    Brand New Beam
    RIDGEFIELD PARK NEW JERSEY
    Last edited by MYBOYDAVE; 10-27-2007 at 08:08 PM.

Where are you and the beam located?
    Mike
    MD Welding & Fabricating L.L.C.
    mdwelding@sbcglobal.net

I take it this is "W" or wide flange beam, do you know what the lbs/ft is? If not can I can get the thickness of the flange and the web?
    Thanks

I also see you up near NYC do you have a good way to ship to S. Jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    7 FT WHATS IT ANY GOOD FOR..GARBAGE,GIVE IT AWAY...
    If you had to buy it you wouldn't consider it garbage. Fwiw I bought a 12' 8" 24 lb. per ft beam and it was $135 . A new 20ft 8" 24 lb per ft was $270.
    Dynasty 200DX "Blue Lightning"
    Bernard 3500ss water-cooler
    Rockwell vertical mill
    Beverly Shear B-3
    Beverly Shear JR
    Home-made English wheel
    Milwaukee Porta-band
    " Sawz-all
    Tennsmith 36" stomp shear
    Fixer upper 1968 Redface Lincoln sa200
    Powcon 300st

Short lengths of I-Beam such as this are great for making heavy duty horses.

Weld a couple lengths of channel on and use angle iron for the base and you're good to go.

I have a couple that I use all the time for mounting a vice, a tubing roller, a pipe bender, etc. One is the same height as my welding table, which works great for larger pieces.

Not useless, but reallly doesn't have much "commercial" value. I get my beams out of my buddy's scrap dumpster (runs a large fab shop).
    Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
    Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
    Hobart HH187
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
    Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
    PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
    Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
    Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
    More grinders than hands

I have a piece like that with a vise on one end and a notcher on the other. Also if someone was looking to build a log splitter or a small gantry that would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisa7164 View Post
    I have a piece like that with a vise on one end and a notcher on the other. Also if someone was looking to build a log splitter or a small gantry that would be perfect.
    Funny you should say that - just started looking last week for some to build a gantry to pull a cab and pickup box off of a frame. Too bad it's half a country away.....

Nominal 8" flange width could be 31-67 lbs per ft.

W8x31
    W8x35
    W8x40
    W8x48
    W8x58
    W8x67

Not very specific, is it?

80% of failures are from 20% of causes
    Never compromise your principles today in the name of furthering them in the future.
    "All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work." -Sgt. Bilko
    "We are generally better persuaded by reasons we discover ourselves than by those given to us by others." -Pascal
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." -Pascal

I hevent seen a solid price tag yet.