Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default First project after buying a MM211

Well like most hobbiest out there once you buy a MIG welder you need to build your own cart. I perused quite a few sites looked at lots of pictures and then set down to build one. After about 2 days the project was done. It may not be perfect but it works for me and I learned some things as I went along. Here are some of the pictures I took as I went a long. If you have any suggestions to improve the design please let me know.

DSCF0125.jpg

DSCF0130.jpg

DSCF0136.jpg

DSCF0139.jpg

DSCF0144.jpg
    Harold Mulder

Millermatic 211 MVP
    HTP Invertig 201 with water cooler

Cool

Nice job....Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Harold,

Excellent job on your cart. You are too modest. At the bottom left corner of your post you list your skill level. I think you need to bump that up to at least medium and a half...............good job.

i like the handle.

Nice job, how do you like the welder so far? I love mine.
    "The only source of knowledge is experience." Albert Einstein

I like it...wouldn't change a thing.

Talking First Project

Thanks for the replies. So Far I enjoy the welder. Will shortly be trying it with some thinner stock so we'll see how much practice I need there.

HHM
    Harold Mulder

Millermatic 211 MVP

Just a thought. But maybe bigger wheels up front. I know I have to deal with gravel driveways and extension cords on the shop floor. How do you like the 211? I bought one a couple months ago, but still have to wait to get home and use it.

Default First project

Bigger wheels would be good on rough terrain and I've seen a few people with some good sized tires. I don't plan at the moment to be anywhere other than on a concrete surface so these wheels should be fine and they work so far. I've just welded one project so far but the welder works fine for me. Decided to upgrade the MIG gun so just went out and bought a 15ft Praxair Prostar 250 Amp gun with centre fire tips. Essential a Bernard in Praxair clothing. Haven't had the chance to burn any metal with that though.

HHM
    Harold Mulder

Millermatic 211 MVP

Harold; Great job !!
    What are the platforms ( bases ) made of ?

........... Norm : PS. Does that say Canadian Forces on the Storage Bag ?

Sunrise Outside My Shop In Delhi, Ontario

- Arcair- K 4000 CAC.

- LN-25 Wire Feeder

- Lincoln Ranger 8- Engine Drive- CC\CV:

- Lincoln Power Mig 180C
    - Spoolgun.
    - DeWalt Chop Saw .
    - DeWalt Compressor - 13cfm, @ 100 psi.

www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com