Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Fabrication Table

I'm new here so I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring here.

This is some videos of a fabrication/welding table I've been working on. I got it painted now so it's not quite so ugly but haven't had a chance to get any video of it lately. I also just got a top that will be for half the length but its a tubing frame with about 1/8" cover so I need to add some bracing before putting it on.

Anyways, here's our YouTube channel so you can see the videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SmokinPHorses

Your table looks good. Add some bars underneath to hang all your clamps. Also like your youtube channel. It's nice to have all your video's,pic's, etc. in one place for all to see.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

are you just going to use bolts for clamping.

My thoughts on the clamping along the rails was to make what I need as things come up. I'll probably make a few channel iron and angle iron clamps with threaded rod welded in the proper spacing to fit the hole pattern for general clamping. I was also thinking of making a few bolting plates with studs welded that would come up from underneath. That way put nuts on top and only need one wrench to tighten things up.

Shouldn't be too much trouble to make a clamp designed to fit the work at hand. Just a couple holes or studs on 4", 8" 12", or whatever spacing needed.

I just got some square tubing tubing to reinforce the solid top I got for it. It was a frame that was being scrapped where I work that just happens to be pretty darned close to the size I need. But it needs some extra framing underneath since the top plate is only 1/8". Hopefully with the long weekend I'll get at least that done and welded in place.

Al

What is the wall thickness of the tubing in the table? That's a pretty long span.

The tubing is 3 1/2" square 1/4" wall. Overall length is 9'-3" Width is 3'-6".

Looks good and seems to fit your needs. All that equals a good table.