Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Default Pretty good but no cigar.....yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SignWave View Post
    C'mon TacMig, Fess up for us. Maybe your story will stop one of us donkeys from having something bad happen or the like.

You do realize I hope, that your unwillingness to divulge is causing the level of curiostiy to rise exponentially with the amount of time that passes since you posted your thought concerning your past experiences and not so savory shinanigans.

My most memorable moment was as a 24 y/o punk doing constrcution electrical work. Im on the 7th flor of a 10 story lowrise and the steel stud guys are laying track with their hilties and ramsets. Some of the 25caliber (or is it .22) rounds dont go off so they are simply tossed to the floor and a new strip is loaded with ten new shots. Well I USED to like taking these unspent , discarded rounds and smaking them with my hammer. GO BaNG!!! The very last time I did this my aim was off by a quarter inch and the shell burst at the cartridge butt. The azz end became a projectile and flew down the length of my hammer and then firmly buried itself in the 3rd knuckle of my index finger. It didnt bleed, looked very gross and I couldnt bend my finger... I went to see f I could get first aid to look after it. I told them i jabbed myself with a screwdriver.... yeah..he said there was nothing he could do.. I had to go to the hospital. I went to a walk in clinic, told the doctor that I think there may be someting in there but not sure... she said I cant help you you need to get an xray. Im starting to wiggle now.. So i go home, and get outhe metal detector... I pass it over my finger and it beeps at me... Sigh... I think theres something in my finger for sure now...I went to the hospital and they took ou thte azz end of the shell. It was a painfull experience even with the local. My finger is still scared to this day and looks like its got a wart on it.. The women LOVE it and the way it looks...! Its quite numb too. That was my last experience with making things go boom... Have a look at the photo. ive still got my stupity reminder... cheers all and try to stay safe.
    That is indeed a dandy. It's difficult and in some cases, nearly impossible to beat the humor of a serious injury such as yours and in this case you come pretty close to nicking the paint. As far as stupidity however, it only ranks about a 5. The humor however, at a 7 has you in close running. I will divulge and say that I have about 17 scars from the incident that I will photograph and share to show how serious it was as the scars are still almost as they were 14 years ago. But the acquisition of said scars is what lies a stake herein. The stupidity factor has earned me a local reputation as the "XXXXXscale) ie. once I partake in the confession festivities herein, thereafter this board my refer and/or use stupidity ranking with the "TacMig scale". So again I will monitor this thread with vigor in hopes of an equally stupid comrade.

Till then,
    TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Prize for the candy ends at Midnight my time (I don't know how the time is set by Miller or Hawaii, but I WILL be honest, and just choose the winner by what time the last post was, and choose who wins the BABOOZE award)...
    So far...it's SIGNWAVE!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Whoa........wait a minute. Ya mean all I had to do was shoot myself in the hand by midnight and I got free candy. Hey.....next time give us the rules.
    damm. Lost out to a finger wart.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Default Elvis Said...

Thank you ... Thank you very much.

Monte, Its a NUMB & SE XY finger wart... Get it right! If you want I can show you how to do it...????? Hm?

Mmmmm I havent had macadamia nuts in a long long time...Yummy. I knew there was a reason why I was dumb enough to do something so stupid...

Ive had this dam thing on my finger for almost 25 years, no , not quite, 17 years. I have to be careful I dont hook it on stuff because then it hurts like a mf'er and the doctor will not remove it because he figures its a gamble and I would then have to heal for a predetermined time (3-6weeks) Uhg.. Its the Dumass injury that keeps on giving and reminding... Im willing to bet that once im dead, buried and rotten IT'LL STILL BE THERE!!!!!!

Im not sure whether I should be proud or embarrased...

TACMIG, you cant win if you don't buy a ticket.
    Last edited by SignWave; 03-30-2008 at 11:04 AM.
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

Default I have this thing for glass...

Just two months ago....

In case youre wondering, and want to know, You cannot cut tempered glass.

Table is 4x8 feet, glass is 1/2 inch thick and weighs aprox 225 pounds..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

I can cut tempered glass......just not in straight lines......and the pieces don't match.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Propane Forge

Quote Originally Posted by SignWave View Post
    Just two months ago....

In case youre wondering, and want to know, You cannot cut tempered glass.

Table is 4x8 feet, glass is 1/2 inch thick and weighs aprox 225 pounds..
    OOPS I hate when that happens lol
    Welding in Crete
    Syncrowave 350 LX
    Millermatic 252
    Millermatic 180 w Spoolgun
    Miller Gold Seal 155
    Miller Elite welding helmet
    JD2 Tubing bender with Hydraulic conversion
    Evolution Raptor15" SteelDry Cut Saw
    Hypertherm Powermax 30
    Some really cool hammers BIG and small

Default O.K., the temp class did it!

O.K., here we go. I’m not going to elaborate herein too much and let the account with the photos speak for themselves. This took place when I was younger and knew everything worth knowing, and if I didn’t know it, it was just that “not worth knowing”. I was attending an Iron-Workers event for some off shore guys in Long Beach several years back (way back) and I heard some old timers telling their stories (just like me now) about how us new guys had it so easy. Offended by this I told them they were just bitter old farts and that welding hasn’t changed and further advocated that they had it easier than us “new guys”. If you’re thinking I should have stopped there, think again! Remember I know all and these old guys have nothing to offer me! It goes around for about an hour and ended in a contest on a piece of scrap #7X7/8” EP pipe. The weld was going to be a 5G overhead fixed lying on my/his back. Getting the idea here guys? I’m going to stop here and only include that it was my turn first and I eagerly accepted the challenge wearing only my shorts. When molten steel was having its way diving not just to the bone but even penetrating the bone, most would have stopped. Me, on the other hand? I had pride and a point to prove, I wasn’t stopping for nothing! So I thought, one of the old timers (Larry Templeton) actually unplugged the machine, pulled me out by my arm, hosed me off and said “get into my truck you have an appointment with the Doc. Larry took me to the ER at LB community and hung out with me until my folks came down to attend. I had 3 surgeries removing slag from muscle tissue, tendon and bone. Lost almost all feeling to the face of my lower legs. There is more to the story than this but don’t want to write a book so I will leave out the not so important facts. Larry about 20 years my senior and still a better welder than I will ever be, remains one of my best friends. And his advice to me: “Maybe you should take up other fields in welding” years and years ago, has lead to the success of my business. However the stupidity of that day will forever plague me and has earned me the title of “TacMig” in which I should be limited to tacking with no other than a mig. And as for the squirrel, I was always told that what I did “all though inherently ignorant” took a lot of ba!!s. Now with all this, does anybody remember what I told you I did to my berries straddling the pipe I just cut with O/A a while back on the injury thread? That was after the above said incident!

Beat that!

\TacMig
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Too late........chocolate's in the mail
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Propane Forge

I dunno....
    Signwave smashing live ammo with a hammer is pretty d@mn stupid!!!
    tacmig frying his bone with slag, and continuing because of pride.
    tacmig, I think we've ALL done that just NOT as extensive as you!
    I tell you what: I can't decide, and I'm not going to. I'll let YOU GUYS decide!
    My time here says: 9:43am. The last entry and votes by midnight by my clock gets to win!!! Hope they aren't any sore losers, 'cause this is just for fun and to see what other "dumb stuff" people have done! It's just something to help/warn the new guys about!!!
    Monte55, you stilll have about 14 hours to shoot yourself in the hand or foot
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time