Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default That's far enough!

Just a little noise maker that I built when I was a kid.Actually it was my very first project well over 30 years ago.We still get a bang out of it on New Years Eve and the 4th of July every year.But maybe I should repaint the ole gal huh?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you got a minute to kill ...work it to death!
    Miller 301 TrailBlazer
    40+ yr old Miller 250 amp Buzz Box

Do you shoot anything out of it, or just use it for making noise?

When I was a kid my dad built a beer can mortar that used propane and air (from a tire pump) to launch half full cans (half full of water!). It didn't make much noise, but it would launch 'em pretty good

-dath

It's mostly for the noise although we have launched a few 20oz. plastic Pepsi bottles about half full of water not sure how it would measure up to opthers out there.The bottles usually travel about 250 feet but not with any accuracy but she makes one He!! of a noise!
    Miller 301 TrailBlazer

Oh, that's definitely one up on the old beer-can mortar, although he could shoot that in the back yard of our city house without alarming anyone as it was pretty quiet. . . He used to shoot them over the roof into the front yard until I asked him (I was a little kid at the time) if it was a good idea because people may walk by and get hit . . . He started shooting them into a bed sheet after that

I think he took it out to the shooting range once or twice so they could shoot at the pop cans. . . Guess it beats clay pigeons

-dath

Well the noise may not be a good idea the county police have come out a few times.They said we would have to keep the noise down and would like to see what's making it then they laugh and leave.Just good ole country boys having fun!
    Miller 301 TrailBlazer