Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I built this with the folks on the Hobart Forum a few years ago. It is an small compact 1/8" bending brake. As designed, its max capacity is 6" wide. I've bent 6" wide HR steel with it, and it actually worked Ive also bend 4" wide 304L SS. Mostly though, I use it to bend 2" and narrower stock, which it does nicely with very little effort.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The bending brake was a great challenge, I built one too. The Hobart Forum is a great recource. Here's mine...I trimmed the bender leaf to accomodate shorter bends.

See more HERE
    Arcin' and Sparkin', Rocky D

"Experience is the name we give our mistakes"

Default Welding projects...

Hello! I just got on this and have high hopes! I am a High School welding teacher and am ALWAYS looking for smaller projects that the kids can build. Both useful things for themselves, or good shop projects.

Thanks, got to run the kids are getting here!

Cool

Try this group for some neat ideas. You will need a cheap HF bender, 49 bucks for most projects...Bob
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ornamentiron/
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Rocky D,

I like the Welding Finger. What the best way to make the weight block? A solid block may be difficult to find. Make a box out of thin plate material and fill with something heavy? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernLights
    Rocky D,

I like the Welding Finger. What the best way to make the weight block? A solid block may be difficult to find. Make a box out of thin plate material and fill with something heavy? Thanks.
    That would certainly work. You can get creative and use other shapes, too. Depending on how professional you wanted it to look, you can use a weight bench weight and weld a a big bolt or something through the middle hole to keep it on the finger, even a brick with some way to hold it on. Even without a weight, it would still work for some of the more delicate holdings.

This is my version of the welding finger (based on Rocky D's)
    Bob Sigmon
    A/O Setup with Meco Midget
    Miller Big Window Elite
    Quincy QT-5HD

I made two of Rocky D's welding fingers. One out of 3/8" round bar and one out of 1/2" stock. I did not put a weight on them, but I think they work fine anyway. I also made a plasma cutting grate based upon his design with the removable cutting fins. It works great, highly recommended if you have a plasma cutter.

Some really great projects here. Rocky D I noticed your`e Hobart is autographed,who are those that helped with the decorations?

Cool

Here's my version of a welding finger clamp thingy. I use about 20 of them on one welding jig to hold the little parts. They are simple and cheap to make from a small od sq tube. I used 3/8" sq. They slide up between two rails and have spring pressure downward. Sure beats buying 20 pairs of Vise grips...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48