Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Yeah, that's Arnie. Btw...the pic is real. My older daughter is a pro competitor in fitness competition. She has been invited to compete in a couple of his events. The daughter you see goes to her events and will rub elbows with many celebs and have people take pics. I have pics of the older with Billy Blanks and others. Here is a pic of my older daughter with Arnie, I think it was 2004 or 2005.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Monte since your here I have a question about your cnc table.
    Was it complicated to get everything hooked up?
    I mean do you need to be a computor wizard?
    And did you had a plan that you followed?
    I like the midget car those are sweet, you still have it?
    Building a cnc anything takes a lot of thought. No, I am not a computer wizard by any means. I had never done any of this before. I had never been exposed to cad/cam programs at all. I joined the CNC Zone forum and read a lot and asked a lot of questions. I started in August of 2006 and had it built and cutting its first piece in November and posted a short video on Youtube at the end of November 2006. I've since purchased 3d cad software to run on it. Really cool.
    I still have the Midget. To me it's like a street legal go kart.
    Last edited by monte55; 01-10-2010 at 06:19 PM.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Propane Forge

Default 10,000 lb car hauler

A few pictures of my 20' car hauler. Frame is made from 5"x2"x3/16" mild steel. Cross members are 2"x3"x1/8" mild steel. 5200 lb. torflex axles. Herculiner on top perimeter of trailer frame as well as the fenders inside and out.

Camera 522.jpg
    Camera 524.jpg
    Camera 520.jpg
    Camera 523.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    This is a 1976 MG Midget I restored in 1993. I removed the front rubber bumper and filled in openings on front of the fenders. I made the grill of aluminum. The park/turn lights which used to be in the rubber bumper are now mounted behind the grill. It looks cool when the lights are on. It has the 1500 cc engine. I repaired the interior and dyed it black. It was a faded camel
    color. The color is Corvette Torch Red. My brother and I painted it in my shop. I did all the body and mechanical work. Sorry about the photo quality.
    I took digital pictures of 3.5 x 5 photos. All I had.
    The last pic is another project of mine. It is of my daughter and a friend. I had help with her.
    She's a 1975 model.
    Nice Midget! Similar kind of a car to mine. About the grill, was it pretty simple to make??? I'm just a beginner but i think i could do it. Any advice, since i want to build one for my car... the volvo, to fill that big gap where the previous owner built a lame one. Where did you start??? Thanks in advance for any help/advice....!!!!?????

The grill in the picture is the first I made for the car. I used hollow aluminum
    streamline tubing that can be found at hobby shops. It is not real strong not that it has to be. I replaced it later with solid round aluminum which I polished to a chrome like finish. My grill is straight where it looks as if you will have to arch yours a little. In mine I have two upright pieces painted black ane the grill rods are attatched to that. For a clean look screw into the rods from the rear. I have seen some newer pickup trucks with this type of grill. Maybe a salvage yard might have one you could modify. I made one years ago for my 1968 Jaguar XKE. It really looked good.
    Nick
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Propane Forge

I found this drill press for $50 dollars that came off of a gang drill press that a machine shop was parting out. It is a variable speed from 50 rpm to 1500 rpm. It is a 1957 Buffalo 1a rpm master machine and it works great. I made the drill table the same height as my work table so if I have something long to drill I have support for it. It is the best drill press I have used in a long time very user friendly.
    Last edited by Rick C; 01-13-2010 at 08:31 PM.

Default Aluminum motorcycle trailers

Ok I will toss my hat in too .
    some aluminum bike trailers i did .

Default Patio gate

The very best part about this project? It gave me the perfect excuse to buy a small iron worker (MetalPro 45) in order to punch 1/2" square holes.East Fork 1 (Medium).jpg

Here is a cat sculpture I made for fun.

It was at the local powder coating shop being coated in black when another customer saw it and wanted it for his wife.

Didn't expect this, but the customer is always right so I had it re-done in orange and airbrushed in some features to match their tabby.

Timing is everything !

Customer was happy and I got a new wireless foot control out of the deal !

Now I'll need to make another to match my cat, but that's the fun part.
    cat.jpg
    Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, Miller Dynasty 350, Hypertherm 1000, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, etc.:

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

Hi Daniel,

Beware what you ask for............................!

This started when a dentist gave me a set of denture samples.

They sat for a long time until I saw a re-run of Mr Ed the talking horse show.

Now I was inspired. (also 3 or 4 beers helped)

Dragon is assembled from many stainless mixing bowls and assorted stainless scrap pieces I had around.

He was named "Mr Ed" and now lives in a friend's garden in Philadelphia.
    Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, Miller Dynasty 350, Hypertherm 1000, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, etc.:

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !