Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nocheepgas View Post
    I love this thing! It makes recycling cans fast and easy, which comes in handy since my other half drinks at least a 6 pack of Coke a day (trying to get her to switch to Zero or Diet)
    Anyway it's made from an air cylinder with a 7" stroke, a momentary air switch, some scrap 4" angle iron and some scrap 2" strap.

Here it is:

Load a can:

Pull the switch to expand the cylinder:

The cans automatically fall through the slot in the angle iron into the recycle container. I can process cans as fast as I can load them!
    Man, I need one of those.

great idea, ive had plans to build one for a long time.
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Just weld it!!! Miller big 40 diesel, Miller bluestar 180k,Maxus Pro-140 mig, Gas powered air compressor, and alot of tools the lady dont need to know about. all portable for on site work,15 year Structural welder,Ironworker, Millwright.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Here is my project. a 1964 Volvo p1800 which was the sport model in its day. I am currently replacing the rusty floor pan.

Sammy
    Years ago one of the morning shows showed a guy who had one of those (his was red) anyway he had over 2,000,000 miles on it. He was asked if he'd consider selling it and his reply was "Not for anything less than a dollar for every mile I have on it". Let us see the progress on it and the finished results. Those are cool cars!
    Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
    Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125
    Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate

Quote Originally Posted by Joe from N.Y. View Post
    i wouldn't want to drink well water from under this place. The site looks like it was contaminated since about the time George Washington was rowing across the Potomac river.
    Yes the ground water is undrinkable.Mainly from another nearby business that dumped chemicals containing tetrachloroethylene in the late '80's. Also an underground jetfuel pipeline leaked fuel from a nearby militarybase.There has been an ongoing effort for the last 10 years to clean it up. According to the latest report they have shown no further signs of contamination.(The airbase was the first flight training center started by the Wright brothers)
    Last edited by fabricator; 01-10-2010 at 05:43 AM.
    2, XMT's 350 cc/cv
    1, XMT 350 vs
    1, TRAILBLAZER 302
    1, MILLER DVI
    1, PASSPORT PLUS
    1, DYNASTY 200 DX
    1, MAXSTAR 150 STL
    1, HOBART CHAMP
    1, HF-251 BOX
    1, S-74d
    1, S-75DXA
    2, 12-RC SUITCASES
    2, 30 A spoolguns

Default Two of my projects

This is a 1976 MG Midget I restored in 1993. I removed the front rubber bumper and filled in openings on front of the fenders. I made the grill of aluminum. The park/turn lights which used to be in the rubber bumper are now mounted behind the grill. It looks cool when the lights are on. It has the 1500 cc engine. I repaired the interior and dyed it black. It was a faded camel
    color. The color is Corvette Torch Red. My brother and I painted it in my shop. I did all the body and mechanical work. Sorry about the photo quality.
    I took digital pictures of 3.5 x 5 photos. All I had.
    The last pic is another project of mine. It is of my daughter and a friend. I had help with her.
    She's a 1975 model.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

OK Monte, I will be right back. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    OK Monte, I will be right back. lol
    what ????????????
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Joking with you. Your friend on the picture with your daughter, looks like someone I know

Monte since your here I have a question about your cnc table.
    Was it complicated to get everything hooked up?
    I mean do you need to be a computor wizard?
    And did you had a plan that you followed?
    I like the midget car those are sweet, you still have it?

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    This is a 1976 MG Midget I restored in 1993. I removed the front rubber bumper and filled in openings on front of the fenders. I made the grill of aluminum. The park/turn lights which used to be in the rubber bumper are now mounted behind the grill. It looks cool when the lights are on. It has the 1500 cc engine. I repaired the interior and dyed it black. It was a faded camel
    color. The color is Corvette Torch Red. My brother and I painted it in my shop. I did all the body and mechanical work. Sorry about the photo quality.
    I took digital pictures of 3.5 x 5 photos. All I had.
    The last pic is another project of mine. It is of my daughter and a friend. I had help with her.
    She's a 1975 model.
    Nice looking MG. I'd like to get my hands on a 52TD but will never have that kind of $$$$.

I'm sure the daughter takes her good looks after her mother (just joking) she is very pretty. I'd almost swear that's the now govenor of CA standing beside her. Did he say "I'll be back" after the photo?
    Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
    Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125
    Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate