Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator View Post
    here has been my biggest headache, i mean project this year.about 90% done on the out side.
    Was originally a chrome plating shop, and has had many other owners throughout the years. I purchased this 3 years ago.tore it down last january and hope to have everything inside completed by march.
    sweeeeett:d
    Rick

Trying to succeed, Learning by failing
    HH210 (Merry Christmas to Me)
    HH 140
    Hyper Therm Powermax 600
    Hobart Stickmate AC/DC
    Forge
    Victor & Harris Oxy/Act
    HydMech 225 cold saw
    several grinders
    Rigid Chop Saw
    4x6 band saw
    Never enough clamps

Could you put a pic of your forge Rick.
    Would love to see your setup.

Default thermoforming structure

This was a frame a built whit pieces lazer cut and a good headache to start and put pieces at the right place, finaly the finish was good whit not to much warping. Also peint it and assembly the mecanic and install it to the client.

Give me 6 month of work all this progect
    Attached Images Attached Images
    XMT 304 cc/cv 208/480 volts
    Lincoln wire feeder LN-25 w/Contactor and Gas Solenoid, w/magnum 400 and 200 gun's (12 ft)
    Spoolmatic 30a w/Flex Head tube 10'' XRA
    Flexible Head Tig Torch w/Gas Valve (25 ft)
    Foot Control RFCS-14HD
    Side-to-side rotary-motion fingertip Current Control
    Miller process Selector Control w/external solenoid valve
    Stainless steel welding cart
    Makita LC1230 Dry cut saw

www.ricau.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Could you put a pic of your forge Rick.
    Would love to see your setup.
    I will try and get some. It's just a piece of pipe and a burner. we are headed out west to take the grand baby home for Christmas.
    Rick

Trying to succeed, Learning by failing
    HH210 (Merry Christmas to Me)
    HH 140
    Hyper Therm Powermax 600
    Hobart Stickmate AC/DC
    Forge
    Victor & Harris Oxy/Act
    HydMech 225 cold saw
    several grinders
    Rigid Chop Saw
    4x6 band saw
    Never enough clamps

Default Fabrication Table

I'm a new guy here. Looks like I'll have a lot of catching up to do with this thread.

I'll toss my hat in the ring here...

This is a link to our YouTube channel which has a couple videos of a fabrication/welding table I've been working on. Hopefully the weather will hold out so I can get some updates video'd in the next couple days.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SmokinPHorses

Al

nice projects.

Smoking, you make sure you keep us posted with the pipe bender. If you have a good place to get the dies let us know.
    Nice table and a good idea with the holes.

Thanks guys.

The bender is from the plans at http://gottrikes.com/

Since the material I had available was 4x2x1/4 rather than square tubing I had to make some modifications in AutoCAD to keep the relationships correct. But Frank's plans are really excellent and it isn't really a difficult project if you have experience with fabricating assemblies.

I haven't purchased the dies yet but Pro-Tools is the source recommended. But they are a little pricey so I'm going to keep an eye out for dies while I finish the frame. The air/hydraulic cylinder is from Harbor Freight and current price is $89.99.

Thanks all for looking.

Al

Default Another Trailer

I learn a lot from this forum getting ideas and seeing how the others do stuff.. Since this topic was about recent projects, I thought I would share. Here is a 5x10 trailer with gate I built a couple of weeks ago. I need to start taking pictures of the stages of the build instead of just the finished product, sorry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by truebluelew; 12-28-2009 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Not enough info

Nice work.

Al