Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Default Location, location, location....

Quote Originally Posted by STRENGTH AND POWER View Post
    here is a few shots of some equipment I built for a private gym. And a shot of my shop
    They say that's the most important part of real estate, but man, I'd never get any work done!
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe
    Select Machine and Tool Mill
    More stuff than I can keep track of..

Cool Latest ceilingtrains.com bridge

Here is my newest O scale ceilingtrains.com bridge. I had one up last year with the customer and this year i made it bigger and added another loop up a little higher. Will make some vids in a few days...Bob

Well it made the 6 O clcock news tonight... http://www.wfmj.com/global/category....autoStart=true
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by aametalmaster; 12-28-2010 at 08:51 PM.
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Quote Originally Posted by aametalmaster View Post
    Here is my newest O scale ceilingtrains.com bridge. I had one up last year with the customer and this year i made it bigger and added another loop up a little higher. Will make some vids in a few days...Bob

Well it made the 6 O clcock news tonight... http://www.wfmj.com/global/category....autoStart=true
    Wow. That's impressive!
    Professional firefighter (retired). Amateur everything else I try to do...
    Oh yeah: GO BIG RED!

Default Golf award

I recently got a phone call from my local welding distributor asking if I could make up a metal award for the local golf club recognizing those members who made a hole in one for 2010.

Got the details from him and came up with this.

Measures 12" x 18" and is 1/8" stainless steel.

The plate warped a bit after tigging so I will send it to a local metal fabricator to have it straightened. After I get it back, I will polish it and drill mounting holes in the corners.

A bit nerve-wracking as there was no room for error.

To me, this job was harder than my usual projects as I had to make the beads look nice as well as follow the letters.

Plus, I couldn't grind out the bad welds and do them over.

I made some some mistakes, but all in all, I was pleased on how it turned out.
    I flipped the photo of the back of the plate to better show the pattern.

First time I tried the pulse function on my Dynasty 350.

Dynasty 350 settings were:
    40 amps DC- 150 PPS - peak 75%, background 25%.
    1/16" 2% thorium. .035" 316 ss wire.

My way of thanking my local distributor.

Oh yes, he was one of those who made the list.

Earl Kirbyson
    GTS-WELCO
    1013 CONSHOHOCKEN RD
    CONSHOHOCKEN, PA 19428
    610-825-5991
    Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, Miller Dynasty 350, Hypertherm 1000, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, etc.:

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

I didn't get any build time on the "Z" again this weekend, but my son & I did get a bottle tray fabricated for his Camaro.

He's got to glue the rubber bumper in the bottom for the bottle to rest against, Mount the bottle heater to the tray & then give it a quick polish before final installation.

Default stairs

SAM_0114 copy.jpg

this one project this year. it took about 3 days to make.

Default A simple, quick project...

This is a very simple and quick "project" that I threw together one afternoon.

I inherited my late father's toolbox and I always try to use some of his tools in any project I undertake; whether it be a wrench, a hammer or a file. If I'm building something for myself, I always try to incorporate a bolt, nut, cotter pin or a washer into the build. On this afternoon, I was looking to build a quick cigar holder and I found a thin, flat washer and a small piece of round stock. I brushed them off with a wire brush, bent the rod to a V shape, tacked them together and sprayed it with a hammered finish. The end result works perfectly with any ring gauge cigar that I happen to be smoking! I can always sit back and reflect on the all the good times I shared with my Dad!

I'll get around to posting some bigger stuff later...
    Last edited by swat253; 05-04-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johny_1102 View Post
    SAM_0114 copy.jpg

this one project this year. it took about 3 days to make.
    3 days, how many people help you ?

Quote Originally Posted by swat253 View Post
    This is a very simple and quick "project" that I threw together one afternoon.

I inherited my late father's toolbox and I always try to use some of his tools in any project I undertake; whether it be a wrench, a hammer or a file. If I'm building something for myself, I always try to incorporate a bolt, nut, cotter pin or a washer into the build. On this afternoon, I was looking to build a quick cigar holder and I found a thin, flat washer and a small piece of round stock. I brushed them off with a wire brush, bent the rod to a V shape, tacked them together and sprayed it with a hammered finish. The end result works perfectly with any ring gauge cigar that I happen to be smoking! I can always sit back and reflect on the all the good times I shared with my Dad!

I'll get around to posting some bigger stuff later...
    These, are always the cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    3 days, how many people help you ?

we are two guys.
    it took 1 day to cut and prepare the pieces, 1 day to a assemble the stairs and 1 day for the railings. its actually 2 stairs of 5 feet wide to ease transportation. you would be surprised what we can do in one day.
    this was the end result once it was installed.
    SAM_0160.jpg