Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ricksidebottom View Post
    Very cool work Pro
    Very cool indeed.
    Very talented people around here

Quote Originally Posted by MNT View Post
    There had to be some curvature in the roof, did you flatten it out in a press?

Table looks awesome, and the work in progress pics show great attention to detail. Nice work.

very slight curve in the top, gotta shear off the far edges where the radius get worse.

Flower pot I made. 18 ga Tig welded with Maxstar 150 STH
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Very cool indeed.
    Very talented people around here
    Thanks. You're right. I like coming here to see all the projects guys are working on. I wish I had some of the welding skills I see here.

Last weeks project.

Designed so the 2x6 can be replaced simply and easily if needed. They wanted $600 or more for a similar door at the tack shop. I have about $100 and 5 hours into this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pass-N-Gas View Post
    I will take a "Real" metal bed over a light weight aluminum bed any day..This is a two ton work truck.

If all I was doing was pulling a trailer it might be a different story the 3 bolt holes on the rear of the corners is for the bolt on tail roll, the 1/2" plate up front is for the 15K hydraulic winch.. The 3" square holes (now covered) is for the winch poles.. show me an aluminum bed I can do that to..
    So you basically have a truck that's capable of being used like an oilfield "gin truck"?
    Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
    Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125
    Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator View Post
    Here has been my biggest headache, I mean project this year.About 90% done on the out side.
    Was originally a chrome plating shop, and has had many other owners throughout the years. I purchased this 3 years ago.Tore it down last january and hope to have everything inside completed by march.
    i wouldn't want to drink well water from under this place. The site looks like it was contaminated since about the time George Washington was rowing across the Potomac river.

Default volvo p1800 race model

Here is my project. a 1964 Volvo p1800 which was the sport model in its day. I am currently replacing the rusty floor pan.

Sammy

Default Pneumatic Can Crusher

I love this thing! It makes recycling cans fast and easy, which comes in handy since my other half drinks at least a 6 pack of Coke a day (trying to get her to switch to Zero or Diet)
    Anyway it's made from an air cylinder with a 7" stroke, a momentary air switch, some scrap 4" angle iron and some scrap 2" strap.

Here it is:

Load a can:

Pull the switch to expand the cylinder:

The cans automatically fall through the slot in the angle iron into the recycle container. I can process cans as fast as I can load them!
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe
    Select Machine and Tool Mill
    More stuff than I can keep track of..

Default Another Project

Some tube fenders for my Jeep CJ.

The inner fenders are made from 16 gauge stainless with a #4 finish
    for good looks and corrosion resistance. The rest is .120 wall DOM
    tubing x 1 1/4" and 14 gauge carbon steel.

The indent in the top side of the tubing is for some LED marker lights.
    And I plan on lining the wheel side rear portion and upper (bottom) with
    Rhino Lining for protection from road/off road debris.
    Last edited by nocheepgas; 01-09-2010 at 04:03 PM.
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe
    Select Machine and Tool Mill
    More stuff than I can keep track of..