Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Question Stainless steel welding cart

A make a deal whit my client to built a welding cart whit is extra stainless steel tube an exchange for use my welding kit. So a design a new model to fit in to space less to 18 inch width and in to my car or on the roof rack. I buil it in 2 weeks at 1 hrs each day after or before my normal day work. A did copy a little the Miller but a built it on the other side
    Im just wondering how im gonna polished all the frame for a nice shining finish. A use a grindin brusch for arround the welding. Hope someone out there have some advise for the polishing, tank's
    Attached Images Attached Images
    XMT 304 cc/cv 208/480 volts
    Lincoln wire feeder LN-25 w/Contactor and Gas Solenoid, w/magnum 400 and 200 gun's (12 ft)
    Spoolmatic 30a w/Flex Head tube 10'' XRA
    Flexible Head Tig Torch w/Gas Valve (25 ft)
    Foot Control RFCS-14HD
    Side-to-side rotary-motion fingertip Current Control
    Miller process Selector Control w/external solenoid valve
    Stainless steel welding cart
    Makita LC1230 Dry cut saw

www.ricau.ca

Ricau,

You never mentioned what series of Stainless Steel you were using, or if it was textured with a Satin Finish, but I am guessing that some good quality metal polish, and something like a Mothers PowerBuff ball mounted in a drill will do a very good job for you.

After a little elbow grease (or drill time) you should have the results you want, plus the polish should help seal the metal to give you a long lasting shine.

I visited your website, but unfortunately, I do not speak a word of French.

Have a Good Day.
    Later,
    Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

http://www.lehighvalleyabrasives.com...ng-Disc/Detail

I have also used 800 grit Wet/Dry sand paper with thee ol' Elbow grease.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

I agreed with you , to paint stain less steel try to use a high quality, oil-based paint, and either spray, brush, or roll it on it depends whar final texture you wants your frame in, best of

Quote Originally Posted by Black Wolf View Post
    Ricau,

You never mentioned what series of Stainless Steel you were using, or if it was textured with a Satin Finish, but I am guessing that some good quality metal polish, and something like a Mothers PowerBuff ball mounted in a drill will do a very good job for you.

After a little elbow grease (or drill time) you should have the results you want, plus the polish should help seal the metal to give you a long lasting shine.

I visited your website, but unfortunately, I do not speak a word of French.

Have a Good Day.
    IM not sure about the stainless steel serie's but it not high quality like 306L becose it was just for building frames. And it was not textured with a Satin Finish, just regular boring finish, we can also see the welding strip on the tube. Tank's for the advise and now im gonna try buff and seal this cart and when it's done, a will show some pictures.

Tank's Jason to visited my website and in the near futur, my plan was to convert it to Bilingual. But i have to give to a professionnal website creator whit a differente page, becose a make it by my self whit not a lot of experience,and some appearance suggests, and fiuu,,it's long and boring to create a page,,, It was a good start, but now it's need a better structure for the new years 2010 to come

Richer
    XMT 304 cc/cv 208/480 volts
    Lincoln wire feeder LN-25 w/Contactor and Gas Solenoid, w/magnum 400 and 200 gun's (12 ft)
    Spoolmatic 30a w/Flex Head tube 10'' XRA
    Flexible Head Tig Torch w/Gas Valve (25 ft)
    Foot Control RFCS-14HD
    Side-to-side rotary-motion fingertip Current Control
    Miller process Selector Control w/external solenoid valve
    Stainless steel welding cart
    Makita LC1230 Dry cut saw

www.ricau.ca

Thats nice and handy.