Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Arcstation table?

Haven't seen much first hand feedback on Miller's Arcstation table. I know, I know. It's a sacrilege to talk about buying a welding table and not build it yourself, but I don't find the scrap or free metal deals that everyone else seems to. Pricing out new materials is not that cheap, and that's for plate that's not even guaranteed to be flat. What to people think?

Well ,I looked at it in Orlando Fl. at the PRI industry trade show!

My opinion is its a nice setup! that you can add on to in the future.
    very well built ,alot of good features.

If I had had a way to get one home from the show !
    on the plane it would have came home with me .
    They had great show prices.

Its worth the money.
    right now I have no room for it in my shop
    Rich

Love the power of Blue
    Millermatic 200
    Sync 200
    Lots of Tools!

lens 42
    For one the table is way over price for what it is... I looked at one at Linweld and the top is withe X pattern is 3/8 and the smooth top is 3/16. I know but I have to take time to build one isn’t that half the fun of being a welder.
    Mine I bought a old grill from a restaurant going out of business for 20 dollars striped it for the grill that is 1 inch thick, bought astick of 3 x 3 x 3/16 tube at $120 and some wheels with brakes for $60. Scraped the rest of the grill and got 35 dollars for the scrap.
    I think I have a lot better table than what that are trying to sell welders that can build their own.
    At least I can hit something on mine with a hammer or clamp something down to it and it stays in place. Just a thought.
    Don't be afraid to build your own tools. That is the most satisfying thing about being a welder. And when people come to your shop and they can see your work that you can do. Anything helps.
    Rick C.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rick C; 12-16-2009 at 04:24 PM.

Thumbs up Great Job !!

Rick, Hi;

You did a Great Job on the table, Nice work !!

............ Norm :

Sunrise Outside My Shop In Delhi, Ontario

- Arcair- K 4000 CAC.

- LN-25 Wire Feeder

- Lincoln Ranger 8- Engine Drive- CC\CV:

- Lincoln Power Mig 180C
    - Spoolgun.
    - DeWalt Chop Saw .
    - DeWalt Compressor - 13cfm, @ 100 psi.

www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Norm
    Thanks it is one of my most used tools in the shop.

Rick C.

Yes. Nice work. You've convinced me to hit the scrap yards for a month or so before I give up and spend big money. I also agree that it would be better to have something that I can beat on (a bit thicker).

I saw the table for the first time on December 11th at a welding show and it was a huge disappointment. I hate to say anything negative about the Miller corporation because they produce such fine products, but in my opinion this table is poor at best for the money.
    Nick

Lens 42
    I don’t know where you are from, here in Omaha there are several big Fab shops that have burn tables and sometimes have some good drops or mistakes I have gotten some good stuff at a fair price from them. Look on Craig’s List I found 10 1in plate 32 x 24 for 10 dollars each that I use for jigs when I build custom hand railing. Take your time and you will find what you need and just keep searching.
    Rick C.

Here is Millers idea for a welding table. I like there welders I have a MM350p.

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...n_brochure.pdf

You might consider using 1 1/2" square steel tubing and building a grid type table. I made a 4' X 4' table with about 5" square holes. C clamps fit nicely thru the holes. This type of table is lighter than solid top units and can be stored upright if necessary.