Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Desertrider33 View Post
    Have you actually put your hands on the Harbor Frieght cart, assembled with a welder on it? Those carts are rickety, wobbly worthless pieces of junk. Definately not worth spending any money on. I had one for awhile a long time ago and when I got rid of it I could barely give the thing away it was that bad.
    I agree, I had to reinforce mine with some bed frame I found in the garbage.
    Then replace the casters also cause the cheesy ones on the cart wouldn't roll good on my crappy potholed floor. Darrell

I built my cart off my old 5 drawer craftsman box. Built a couple cylinder racks on the one side, and a frame to hold my MM185. So far it has served me rather well, and all my welding tools fit inside of it.

Link:

Cylinder Side
    http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...7cbc71a88d.jpg

Welder Side
    http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...dc5a78a72c.jpg

Just throwing this out there as food for thought. Not trying to hijack or anything.
    Precision is only as important as the project...if you're building a rocket ship...1/64" would matter. If you're building a sledgehammer...an 1/8" probably wont.

Quote Originally Posted by SunGuy View Post

Build or Buy?
    Sounds like you need to sell the welder to a weldor who appreciates the fact that he can build anything better than he can buy it..
    Steve

Bobcat 250EFI

Syncrowave 250

Millermatic 350P

Hypertherm 1250

A Bunch of tools

And a forklift to move the heavy stuff with..

Looking at CNC Plasmas

It's Miller Time - Get Back To Work!

If you just have to spend money at HF, go to the back of the store, get a set of heavy duty wheels for $15, then stop at the steel supplier and get the material for $20 and build 4 times the cart they had at HF. I went a little overboard with mine and still only spent about $60.MM211 Cart.jpg
    "The only source of knowledge is experience." Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by fastopel View Post
    I agree, I had to reinforce mine with some bed frame I found in the garbage.
    Then replace the casters also cause the cheesy ones on the cart wouldn't roll good on my crappy potholed floor. Darrell
    Sounds like the old joke about the history museum that had
    the ax George Washington used to chop down the cherry tree.
    They had to replace the handle a few times and the head once or
    twice, but it was Old George's ax....

Frank

if you buy one you dont have the pride in it that you would if you built one.

Quote Originally Posted by m.k.swelding View Post
    if you buy one you dont have the pride in it that you would if you built one.
    There are people out there that build a cart and it's WOW! i.e. 'Dynasty 200 DX Crazy Cart'

And there are people like me that built my cart and it's ... a cart!

Attached are pictures of my current cart. I started it two years ago and I was suppose to add on filler holder, liner/cable holder, a front handle, painted blue, the works! but once I loaded the two welders on, everything stopped. And it's just a cart.

After reading about the quality of HF cart, and the fact I bought these welders to make my own stuff, why buy when I can build!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MM 135
    MM 200
    Dynasty 200DX
    Most $$$ toy - DynaPack 4000!