Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skeet Thrower

Default Skeet Thrower

hey Guys,

I have been looking at some skeet throwers that can through more then one clay target at a time. they are all to expensive!!!! I would like to build one and was wondering if any one has built one? or any ideas about where to start?

I'm not trying to be a smarty here, but I'd start by buying one that works. I've shot clay targets off of the little cheap throwers and also the skeet range models. I'd hate to think about making one that I thought would come close to working as well as the factory made ones. To make a clay target fly correctly, the angle and speed of the throwing arm has to be pretty much on the money. The arms are made of aluminum with a rubber rail attached and the spring tension and linkage are critical to make it work. I'm not saying that one can't be built, but I'd put my efforts elsewhere before building one.
    Jim

I understand what you mean, but I don’t like to buy stuff I think I can build better…. I am still going to try to make one. One that does exactly what I want it to do, being somewhat of a welder/fabricator I think that I can make anything I put my mind to. Maybe I am cocky, but that’s just the way I think. I will be sure to post it once done…..it may take a while but I will post it.

Cool

Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

good luck with your future build

Are you looking to build a thrower that throwers more than one clay at a time or a thrower that throws one after the other without having to reset / reload ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck U&R View Post
    Are you looking to build a thrower that throwers more than one clay at a time or a thrower that throws one after the other without having to reset / reload ?
    I am trying to throw more then one at a time, i dont mind haveing to manually load it each time but would pefer to be able to change the amout of clays being thrown form 1-3. thanks for the help.

Keep us posted- I can only think of a few things that are more fun than going to the back 40 and unloading on some clays.. I'm curious to see how this turns out.

I bought one of these -

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-TRIUS-ME...item53dea6527b

and built a stand / horse whatever using a tractor seat.

I know it will throw 2 never tried 3.

For $30 or so at wally world you can get a hoppes clay target thrower. I have one and it's been working for years. If it's less then a $100 I'd just buy one
    Miller Syncrowave 200 W/Radiator 1A & water cooled torch
    Millermatic 252 on the wish list
    Bridgeport Mill W/ 2 axis CNC control
    South bend lathe 10LX40
    K.O. Lee surface grinder 6X18
    Over 20 years as a Machinist Toolmaker
    A TWO CAR garage full of tools and a fridge full of beer
    Auto shades are for rookies
    www.KLStottlemyer.com