Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Default warped table frame

finished my welding table this weekend but i got a little carried away with welding the short pieces of tube that connect the middle tube. i beveled the edges where the welds would be flat and one pass didn't fill the bevel in so i decided to fill it up. well as you can see i warped my frame and need some help figuring out how to fix it.

*i welded all around the tube except for the top just a note.

i had the suggestion from a guy at work to heat the welds up then hammer away at it i did that a little bit today but seemed i wasn't getting too far.

my first thought was to cut the welds off on the side of the tubing and then hopefully i'd be able to hammer it in place from there.

i'm up for any kind of advice

Andy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Diversion 165
    MillerMatic 211

I cant tell where its warped with your pictures! I can guess by the way you welded it, but it would be better if youd get some close ups and Ill tell you where to heat.
    Caution!
    These are "my" views based only on my experiences in my little bitty world.

Only a guess!
    Caution!

I think he's talking about this part right here ....

Quote Originally Posted by JSFAB View Post
    I think he's talking about this part right here ....
    Throw a straight edge on it so I can see!
    Caution!

Put your glasses on!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JSFAB View Post
    Put your glasses on!!!!!
    Oh man if you only knew! Going so blind sometimes I walk right by the shop in the mornings!
    Caution!

Looks like the plate is not sitting flat on it? If thats were its at, is the frame warped or the plate? 100_1687.JPG
    "The only source of knowledge is experience." Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Diverdude View Post
    Looks like the plate is not sitting flat on it? If thats were its at, is the frame warped or the plate? 100_1687.JPG
    Thanks for the description Diverdude!
    If I understand you correctly, and the frame is high in the center, this will fix it.
    Caution!

Actually, that's tubing, me, I'd just set the thing upright, go right down the center, with a big hammer, straighten it right out. Why waste money on heat, if you really don't need it???