Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default TIG Rod Holders For S'Wave 250 DX.

Well, I'm not much of a weldor these days. Since I have been primarily self employed in a state with over a 15% unemployment rate, I don't have much time for my own projects unless they come from a point of necessity.

I built a set of rod tube holders for my TIG machine. I have the standard Rod Guard brand cases. I used some tubing & channel from the local scrap yard to facilitate the project.

The tubing, I cut then trued up on the lathe, the channel that holds it, I coped with a hole saw in my mill. There is a bottom piece of channel that stabilizes the top piece. I originally had a cart for my S'Wave 250 that I put an integrated set of holders on, but when I got the 250DX, it didn't fit on the cart.

No time to build a new one. This was a good way to solve the problem.

The completed unit is in the next post.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    So you're telling me...You're not nostalgic? Then, give me another word for it......

The finished product & mounted on the machine.

The tubing & channel were quite thin, hence not welding all the way on the contact points.
    Last edited by 7A749; 12-07-2009 at 07:54 PM.
    So you're telling me...You're not nostalgic? Then, give me another word for it......

Nice job, I was having a little trouble seeing what it was till I got to the end and seen the finished product. Looks like it will do the job.
    "The only source of knowledge is experience." Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Diverdude View Post
    Nice job, I was having a little trouble seeing what it was till I got to the end and seen the finished product. Looks like it will do the job.
    I'm not quite used to how the pix post here. On another site I post on, they come up as visible without having to open them one at a time.

I guess I'll figure it out

So what would you charge to make one for me with only 6 tubes? Unfortunatly I just don't have the correct tools nor time to get this done..

Let me know if you are interested, no paint needed...

Thanks
    Last edited by Checkered Flag; 12-08-2009 at 08:32 AM.
    Two Dynasty 350's with Wireless pedals
    Victor O/A
    Profax 250 weld positioner
    Bridgeport mill
    Logan Turret lathe
    RMD tubing bender
    Enco vertical saw
    Baileigh Auto cold saw
    IR 80 Gal dual stage compressor
    Misc Fab equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Checkered Flag View Post
    So what would you charge to make one for me with only 6 tubes? Unfortunatly I just don't have a mill or lathe..

Let me know if you are interested, no paint needed...

Thanks
    I have some of the tubing left, would you like to make your own? PM me, if you need some material, we could work it out. You can just saw cut them & use a hole saw in a drill press.

Not that I wouldn't do it for you if you want, just thought you might want to have the satisfaction of making it yourself if you had the materials at hand to do it.

We have an awsome scrap yard & get some pretty good stuff here sometimes. The round tubing was a total luck out.

Let me know. I'm easy either way...

Looks nice. You could probly sell a few of the channel pieces with the copes cut in them.
    Millermatic350P/Python, MillermaticReach/Q300
    Millermatic175
    MillermaticPassport/Q300
    HTP MIG200
    PowCon 300SM, MK Cobramatic
    ThermalArc 185ACDC, Dynaflux Tig'r, CK-20
    DialarcHF, Radiator-1
    Hypertherm PowerMax 380
    Purox oxy/ace
    Jackson EQC
    -F350 CrewCab 4x4
    -LoadNGo utility bed
    -Bobcat 250NT
    -PassportPlus/Q300
    -XMT304/Optima/Spoolmatic15A
    -Suitcase8RC/Q400
    -Suitcase12RC/Q300
    -Smith oxy/propane
    -Jackson EQC

Quote Originally Posted by Desertrider33 View Post
    Looks nice. You could probly sell a few of the channel pieces with the copes cut in them.
    That's my thought, I have the 300DX so the mounting would not be the same, but bolting it starting from the back toward the front would work perfect for my setup..
    Two Dynasty 350's with Wireless pedals
    Victor O/A
    Profax 250 weld positioner
    Bridgeport mill
    Logan Turret lathe
    RMD tubing bender
    Enco vertical saw
    Baileigh Auto cold saw
    IR 80 Gal dual stage compressor
    Misc Fab equipment

Thumbs up TIG Rod Holders For

Looks real nice so I see a lathe and mill looks like you can build most any thing
    well great job again.
    Vernon

I'll frown every time I look at my PVC rod holders now. Nice work.