Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default fan doesn't turn on syncro 200

Hi just bought my syncrowave 200 and I haven't welded a lot with it yet but the fan never comes on. even if I weld with it on 150ish amps for like 10 minutes. Is this normal? It is kinda cool here at the moment but I would have thought it would come on, the outside of the machine doesn't feel warm though either.
    Miller syncrowave 200 runner with coolmate 4
    and wp2025 weldcraft torch
    Miller 125c plasma cutter

This is completely normal as the fan will only come on when the power supply is hot enough to need it . It is a fully automatic operation .
    Miller MM252 with Bernard Q300
    Hypertherm PM30

It will take quite a workout to get the fan on in the cooler weather months, a friend of mine has that machine I have used a few times and the fan has never come on, I have used a mig machine with the fan on demand and it took some serious welding in time and power to get the fan on with it. So unless you run some big long beads or until summer you probably won't hear it much.
    "The only source of knowledge is experience." Albert Einstein

thanks guys kinda what I figured but just wanted to check. I've run a few dynastys at work all the time and usaully hotter and for longer and they are the same just seem to come on a little quicker than that.
    Miller syncrowave 200 runner with coolmate 4
    and wp2025 weldcraft torch
    Miller 125c plasma cutter

I weld aluminum a lot with my Sync and it's takes a good while pushing the machine at full load to get it to turn the fan on. Comes on only a bit sooner in summer.
    I was stick welding with it and using the 110 outlet to power my grinder and it took a good hour plus of 1/8" 7018 and grinding to get the fan to come on.

She's a tough machine
    Miller Syncrowave 200 W/Radiator 1A & water cooled torch
    Millermatic 252 on the wish list
    Bridgeport Mill W/ 2 axis CNC control
    South bend lathe 10LX40
    K.O. Lee surface grinder 6X18
    Over 20 years as a Machinist Toolmaker
    A TWO CAR garage full of tools and a fridge full of beer
    Auto shades are for rookies
    www.KLStottlemyer.com