Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: headers

Default headers

I build headers for a living. The one shot is last weeks production run. 409 chevy. the other pics are of a set I built on Jack Harris's Nitro Thunder Nostalgia fuel funny car
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cool

I reconise you name. Welcome aboard...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Default Headers

Looks great Is that a full time job (building Headers)
    Vernon

Yeah. We mainly do specialty stuff. I also travel and build custom headers on race cars and street rods. I've set up a 24' trailer with all my fab tools, vertical band saw, belt sander, disc sander, torches, small mig, compressor, tig, and trailblazer 302. All welders are MILER of coarse.

they would look good if they were ss.

Quote Originally Posted by jardine View Post
    I build headers for a living. The one shot is last weeks production run. 409 chevy. the other pics are of a set I built on Jack Harris's Nitro Thunder Nostalgia fuel funny car
    You wouldn't be related to these people would you ? http://www.jardineproducts.com/about/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bigs View Post
    You wouldn't be related to these people would you ? http://www.jardineproducts.com/about/
    Used to be. We sold that company in the mid 80s. My dad started that company in 1958.
    MKSWelding, yes ss is nice. All our funny car stuff is mild steel .065 wall. The stainless usually dosen't last on these cars. They get them a little lighter but usually start cracking after about 10-15 runs. Some teams are using Inconell but the cost to benifit is way off center. We did a little project for Ganasi Racing (nascar) a couple of years ago. They're running inconell headers, feather light but $20000 bucks a set. The forces put on funny car headers are crazy. For one the are heavy due to the length and the double wall heat shield. They figure the put about 400 pounds of down force on them going down the track. If you notice watching them and they drop a cylinder the car will make a big move towards that side.

Congratulation for continuing on the Jardine name, I remember it from the old days.
    Good luck
    L*S

nice work. You build a fixture when making the parts runs?
    Miller syncrowave 200 runner with coolmate 4
    and wp2025 weldcraft torch
    Miller 125c plasma cutter

Quote Originally Posted by Leons2003 View Post
    Congratulation for continuing on the Jardine name, I remember it from the old days.
    Good luck
    L*S
    Ditto on that as well ...I can remember my Dad having a car with a set and had the decal on the quarter window.
    BTW...how about some trailer/ mobile shop pics for a little eye candy??? Pretty please!!!!
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX