Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Handrail Project

Hello, this is the First time posting a project on this forum. Here are some of before during and installed.
    Clilck on this link to Flicker

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44828784@N06/

Default handrail project

Looks real good I see you have alot of 11-r clamps I have 23, looks like you may have a few more than me. Nice job anyways
    Vernon

Beautiful,

Did you use a power hammer ? Or is all that done by hand ?

Bubba
    It was a joint effort between the two hammers. Hand and power!

Vernon
    I think I have about 50 11r's 6 18r's or about. I have used them all at one time, Can't have enough clamps. I like clamp first to see what have before I weld or rivet.
    Thanks
    Rick

In the 14th pic -'Straightening grab rail' - is there a name for that tool.

It looks to be some kind of ratcheting straightener / bender.

Oh yeah -

Nice railing !

Nice shop !!

Nice cabin !!!

It really dressed up the house. looks really good

Default Looks good/Nice shop.

You build all your railing off those big HSS you got mounted vertically or are those just temp for this job?I noticed you have what looks to be 1"thk. base plates anchored to the floor too.Ans is that a Grizzly Band saw i saw in one of those pics?
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Admweld
    Yes I built the railing off of the square tube mounted vertically mounted to the 1 plate with four bolts at each corner through the plate so I can plumb the tube to match the columns at the house. Then made the jig out of 1x2 X1/8 tube and built off of that. The band saw is a Harbor Freight saw if you look at it close it is the same saw that MSC Wilton and Enco sells. First thing I did is put a good Lennox bi-metal blade on it. The saw cuts square. I'm happy with the saw for what I do with it.
    Thanks
    Rick Cline

Chuck U&R
    The bender I made to put arcs on cap rails for a project I built last year and now I use it for a lot of different things. From arcing cap rails to straighten the balusters in the photos. I have used to straighten Drill rods for boring machines. It has made me money.
    I made it from a rack & pinion driven by a torque multiplier rated at 1 to 4 and a 3/4 drive ratchet.
    The contraption dose a lot of work without a lot of effort. I can feel what I am doing with the pressure I put on the ratchet.
    Thanks for asking
    Rick Cline
    Click link for more phptos of bender
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/44828784@N06/?saved=1
    Last edited by Rick C; 12-06-2009 at 12:24 PM. Reason: to add photos