Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dutch Oven Table

I got tired of bending down all the time so I made me a Dutch oven Table.

The Tables a 1/8” sheet, 18” x36”, Used a jig saw for all my cuts.
    I used picnic table legs from an old table, weld them to the bottom. You’ll see I offset one side 1” so the legs lay flat and cut 1” off the ends.
    (Using the Coleman stove concept), for the wind screen I used 24 GA with piano hinge and riveted it to the trim, I stuck a magnet to the top of the wind screen so then you close it up it sticks to the table surface (JB Weld)
    I’m adding 2 removable side trays to the out side. I’ll add a handle to the front, this will also hold charcoal tongs.

Fab Tech
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not really shoure what its for. But whatever it is it looks like its well done.

It's for cookin on

looks good!
    i like the idea of folding legs.
    i got mine going right now, i use my grill, im sure a table would be much better though.
    Flash me, Im a Welder

I started another table this morning; this is going to be a propane double burner.

Fab Tech

Default Settin in de SNOW

Settin down here in SouthEast Texas in DE SNOW, I been mullin over those dutch oven cookin tables & how good of a idear they are! Gonna start lookin for some table legs & start one when we get past the BIG THAW! Darn snow DEC 4th in SET! BTW have U got more pics of tables & what's good material for the charcoal bowls?!
    RoHo
    Dayton, Texas

Default Dutch Oven Table

Table height 29 inches. The legs, (Folding Banquet Table Legs) you’ll be able to pick up at Lowe’s or Home Depot. I got mine after a good party.
    Old heavy tin pie trays work well, I had a few melt through on the thinner ones, I like the 9 inch Teflon cake pans for starting coals.

I left a 4 inch openings on both corners, using a 4 inch natural hair bristle paint brush (so it won’t melt) I can sweep the ashes off into a tin bucket. I thought about making little sliding tray under that area,

On the wind screen, I cut the off the end of the rivet, they stuck out to far; center punched to flare it out and pounded it smooth, down at the bottom where I riveted the piano hinge to the wind screen I didn’t cut the rivet, took black gasket sealer and dabbed the end of the rivet. That way when it’s folded in it won’t dig into the side wings

Fab Tech

Hay Richard
    I also used my grill for years to get it off the ground.
    I took these photos for a gal, she was so puzzled, asking how I balance a three legged oven on a grill, and for the life of her she just didn’t get it. She asked if I could cut her two and mail them out to her.
    I still laugh about it.

Fab Tech

we all hve to start somewhere right?
    but if it works, it works.
    Flash me, Im a Welder

I had never seen the burners on the bottom. what kind of burners do you use.