Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums
 
Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    720

    Default New Welding Table Pictures

    Here is a few photos of my new welding table. The frame is 2 1/2" 11 ga box tubing welded to 3/8" plate to support the castors. The table top is ~ 2'x5' of 3/4" plate. Each of the castors are rated at 350lbs. I am not sure if I should put shelves under the table so I guess I am still in the planning stage. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    191

    Default New Welding Table

    Is this your first welding table. Looks nice
    Vernon

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    720

    Default

    Yes it is my first welding table. I was tired of welding on the floor.
    Nick

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    191

    Default Welding Table

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    Yes it is my first welding table. I was tired of welding on the floor.
    Nick

    (Welding on floor) Been their done that not going back Check my bench in my profile page : pictures.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    720

    Default

    I will check your table out.
    Nick

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    234

    Default

    The table looks good. Is that 3/4" plate?

    I recently had a similar project -- a very heavy piece of steel and no one to help move it. It was an interesting challenge to get it out of my truck and onto the base I had for it -- interesting all over again when I realized I had to flip it and rotate it 180 degrees. I wish I'd had an engine hoist like that to help. Mine was 1" and weighed over 500 pounds.

    Some pictures:







    Mine isn't my normal welding table, although it would work in a pinch.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY State
    Posts
    41

    Default Welding Table

    Nick;
    Very nice looking job. I am sure you will enjoy having something like that to work on. I was lucky enough to be given a welding table. I put some levelers on the feet and three trailer jacks with wheels so that I can level it in place but also have the capability to move it around. I added some one inch pipe between two of the legs to hang clamps on.
    Bill

    Miller Mig 130XP
    Linde VI206 W/Mig
    Miller Econotig
    L Tec Plasma PCM32i
    Pneumtic Forging Hammer 75#
    Mechanical Forging Hammer 65#
    Propane Forge
    Makita Chop Saw
    Bader 72" Belt Grinder
    Bader Knockoff 72" Belt Grinder
    Milwaukee Portoband

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Medford MA
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    I am not sure if I should put shelves under the table so I guess I am still in the planning stage. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Nice looking work.

    My suggestion about shelves (and other accessories) is to add them as
    you figure out what you need and what works best for what you are
    doing. I've found that as I've set up several home workshops, that
    I've thought that such-and-such would be a good thing to have,
    only to find out later that i'd really rather have had a so-and-so,
    or that the such-and-such was the wrong size, once i started to use
    it, etc, etc, etc.

    Frank

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Island Falls Maine
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Looks good. but I don't like my table to move. But thats just me.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Olsen View Post
    The table looks good. Is that 3/4" plate?
    Mine isn't my normal welding table, although it would work in a pinch.
    Jack,
    Actually the table top is a tad over 3/4" plate. Why did you choose such heavy plate for the top of the cabinet? The engine hoist that you had seen in the photos was about $125 from HF.
    Nick

    Quote Originally Posted by billybee60 View Post
    Nick;
    Very nice looking job. I am sure you will enjoy having something like that to work on. I was lucky enough to be given a welding table. I put some levelers on the feet and three trailer jacks with wheels so that I can level it in place but also have the capability to move it around. I added some one inch pipe between two of the legs to hang clamps on.
    Billybee60,
    Thanks for the kind words. I wish someone had given me a table!
    Nick

    Quote Originally Posted by fjk View Post
    Nice looking work.

    My suggestion about shelves (and other accessories) is to add them as
    you figure out what you need and what works best for what you are
    doing. I've found that as I've set up several home workshops, that
    I've thought that such-and-such would be a good thing to have,
    only to find out later that i'd really rather have had a so-and-so,
    or that the such-and-such was the wrong size, once i started to use
    it, etc, etc, etc.

    Frank
    Thanks Frank. That sounds like a good idea. I will give it some time to see what my needs will be.
    Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137