Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Any work in California?

I'm Jaime "thewelder", Any budy knows of any work on S. cali, I have a rig w/classic II and fully loaded ready for work, with pipe certs, and LA city: structure, light gage and rebar and 17 years of exp. thank you for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by thewelder View Post
    I'm Jaime "thewelder", Any budy knows of any work on S. cali, I have a rig w/classic II and fully loaded ready for work, with pipe certs, and LA city: structure, light gage and rebar and 17 years of exp. thank you for any help.
    im in s.cal too and from what i can tell theres not much going on
    i used to do alot of odd jobs for alot of people around dhs, palm springs banning and some in hemet but i haven't had anything in almost 6 weeks
    other than 50 here and 100 there and i cant keep going on like this much longer
    already trying to sale my toyota 4x4 project that i really wanted to do
    just to keep the lights on
    bad part is i have alot more into it already then i am asking for it
    but i know god will take care of us just keep looking and dont give up ...
    good luck
    gary...

Default Thank you

Gary thank you for your replay. I'm bing working on any thing I can put my hands on even iron gates but work is work, I try to sell one of welder machine (classic II D) for almost 8 months with no luck.
    Last edited by thewelder; 12-02-2009 at 11:51 PM.

I got a call the other day wanting to know if I could weld a washing machine tub, in the house. I told them no. They wanted to know if I knew anyone that would because I had the only working telephone number for weldors listed in the local yellow pages. You can read what you want into that.

At least half of my calls are from welders wanting work. The only thing that's sadder than that for me is most of the voices reflect despair, some even desperation. They're trying and trying isn't working.

I told another weldor like myself the other day that it seems there's a conspiracy involving all my old clients. Just about the time it looks like the economy is going to make a liar out of me, I've always told my wife we might not get ahead but we're always going to ge by, an old client will call with a project and I get to work.

I have some inlaws that are weldors in the gas and oil stuff in Louisiana. Some of them have work and they're saying it looks like it might get better if the price of oil stays up.