Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunday project

Got the porsity issues worked out,

After cleaning the nozzle, gas diffuser, and checking everything, Still had the problem, Started thinking about the new tank of 75/25 I picked up the day before it started. I decided to run back down the street to the welding supply house, I explained my theory, and asked them to exchange the tank again,Brought it home, fired it up. No problems

Anyone ever hear of a bad tank of gas ?

Default Bad Gas

Quote Originally Posted by bubba9459 View Post
    Got the porsity issues worked out,

After cleaning the nozzle, gas diffuser, and checking everything, Still had the problem, Started thinking about the new tank of 75/25 I picked up the day before it started. I decided to run back down the street to the welding supply house, I explained my theory, and asked them to exchange the tank again,Brought it home, fired it up. No problems

Anyone ever hear of a bad tank of gas ?
    Yes I have seen Bad 75/25 gas before Never saw bad argon. Just 75/25 don't know why Must be the 25 side of it. Glad its all good Tiki looking great can't wait to see the finsh head.
    Vernon

I think it will be done tomorrow. If I don't run out of flap disks!

Still needs a lot of work, Maybe tomorrow, I'm having some porosity issues , not sure why, never had anything like it before, Maybe it's the galvanized ? Thought I got most of it off

Pretty cool and unique.Mike

Finished tiki
    Attached Images Attached Images

And a small fire pit, I made out of the other half of the propane tank on the bottom of the Tiki.

The wife saw Vernon's fire pit, and just had to have one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Fire pit

And a small fire pit, I made out of the other half of the propane tank on the bottom of the Tiki.

The wife saw Vernon's fire pit, and just had to have one.
    Looks real good We set around it at night stay warm now you can as well
    Vernon

Thanks,

Now, I want to make another tiki, this time about 10ft tall, with 3 or 4 faces. Out of 16" pipe, or something.

Need to go pipe shopping

Default Tiki

Finished tiki
    The red eyes are cool The whole thing turn out very nice
    Vernon with the flu today