Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My Miller

Default My Miller

This is my trusty Miller 135, and my weld table.

The 135 has been great, I use 1/8" plate for most of my sculptures, so it's perfect.

I would like to move up to a Miller 212, or 252 soon, so I can do some thicker material. The 252 is a big price jump from the 212, Is it worth the extra dollars ?

The table is just an old wooden table , I built back in high school, with a sheet of 1/4" plate on top.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would suggest you look closely at the MM 211 which operates on both 110/220 and should do just about anything you want...
    Don
    Scottsdale, AZ
    www.savagesun4x4.com

MillerMatic 211 AS
    Hypertherm PowerMax30
    Bernard 300 Amp Q Gun
    Bernard 200 Amp Q Gun
    Milwaukee Band-saw/stand
    10 Angle Grinders 8, 4 1/2" -2, 7"
    DeWalt Chop Saw
    Craftsman Twin-Blade Saw
    12 Ton Shop Press
    Optrel Satellite Helmet
    Miller Elite Helmet

Not bad at all. I like the way people put the machines up high. Mines on a cart but it never goes anywhere.

I don't have any knowledge of your upgrade question but maybe someone will.

The table looks good also. I have gate off of a large landscaping trailer I'm going to put legs on for an outside stick welding table. It will have to do until I can do better.

That's true. With a 211, you can sell the 120v-only unit to defray the cost. Plus, you can run one machine and go wherever you need to go with it.

Default 252 Welder

I would like to move up to a Miller 212, or 252 soon, so I can do some thicker material. The 252 is a big price jump from the 212, Is it worth the extra dollars ?

I have 251 and love it would not get any thing small But I weld large things so it fits my needs well Also run Dual Sheild wire the larger mach is needed for that. Good luck on your new welder.
    Vernon

I just bought a MM211 because of the dual voltage and the ability to weld thicker material. Unfortunately I am still in Iraq so I cant tell you how it welds yet. I am just a hobby welder, but found that I was pushing my MM140 to its limits on some of my projects. I decided to keep the MM140 just in case though. You never know. Tools are like guns for me. I just hate getting rid of either.