Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by nfinch86 View Post
    Bob, Yes I agree, I have 30ft. of hose to my mig !
    It's good for when I'm on a mobile Weld job , I leave the tank on the truck & just have to move the Welder !

............ Norm

How much gas does it take to purge the air out of lines. I thought about doing that but thought I would waste a lot of gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Diverdude View Post
    As far as I know the only bottles you can't lay down are Argon and Propane for cutting ... 8<....
    I think you mean Acetylene not Argon.

Yes bluejay you are correct, I get a little deslexic when I type. It sould say Acetylene. I believe pure CO2 also fits, just not flamable.
    "The only source of knowledge is experience." Albert Einstein

I read it as you meant it not as you wrote it, did a double take and almost let it go, then thought that since this is a public forum that could be misconstrued in the future by others that don't know the difference that there should be a correction. http://www.msha.gov/alerts/hazardsofacetylene.htm

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Diverdude View Post
    Yes bluejay you are correct, I get a little deslexic when I type. It sould say Acetylene. I believe pure CO2 also fits, just not flamable.
    Co2 can go either way depending on whether or not it has a siphon tube for using inverted.

A lot of carts have the welding tipped up so you can read the dials easier but if you look at the bigger more powerful Miller welders the leads are turned downward so they are less apt to kink. So facing more down would be better... just harder to read the dials. Making yourself a "strain relief" would be the best option for the typical little welder on a cart.
    As for the hose purging question goes...once you flow/purge between the regulator and the machine you are good untill you break the seal because of the gas valve being IN the machine. You "waste" dozens of times more gas every time you stop welding because air goes back inside your gun assembly.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Diverdude,
    I'm not sure what to make of your signature. Guess I'm gonna have to find a new signature now.
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson

Just some thing different than listing a bunch of tools that would make my post twice as big. the guys at work are always looking for interesting old quotes. next good one I find will get it changed.
    "The only source of knowledge is experience." Albert Einstein

Diverdude,
    I was trying to be sarcastic about your signature, hope I didn't come off as being serious about changing it. I seen that on a t shirt this past summer and had to use it.
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson

Default Welding Cart

Here is my cart, I know its a different mach but has large wheels and rolls easy. Maybe can use some ideals or not. Hope you find what works for you
    Vernon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default copycat

Nice cart.That looks just like Miller's cart except for the wheel setup. I personally like the design of Miller's better because of the pnuematc tire and the fact that the welder is ballance on two big wheels and suported by two smaller ones.
    This is an automotive discussion forum that has some great infromation

www.autobodytoolmart.com/shoptalk