Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Welding cart question...

I apologize if this is a repeat question. I just picked up a new Millermatic 211. My first project will be a nice cart with big tire since i live on a farm and will use this outside alot. Now for the question...

What is the or is there a proper angle to mount the welder so as to minimize problems with the argon flow?

thanks in advance for your assistance...
    Jack of all trades, master of none...

Cool

The Argon will flow anyway you put it. I have a 20' hose from my argon/co2/75-25 tanks to my welder. I don't want to drag around 3 bottles on the back of the welder...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

thanks for the info. i noticed some negative comments bout the extreme angles some other people had their machines on the cart. i wanted to be safe rather than sorry.

Cool

I guess some guys do tilt the fronts of the welders up pretty steep. I would just mount it flat if it was mine...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Just don't tilt it forward
    Miller Syncrowave 200 W/Radiator 1A & water cooled torch
    Millermatic 252 on the wish list
    Bridgeport Mill W/ 2 axis CNC control
    South bend lathe 10LX40
    K.O. Lee surface grinder 6X18
    Over 20 years as a Machinist Toolmaker
    A TWO CAR garage full of tools and a fridge full of beer
    Auto shades are for rookies
    www.KLStottlemyer.com

Quote Originally Posted by aametalmaster View Post
    The Argon will flow anyway you put it. I have a 20' hose from my argon/co2/75-25 tanks to my welder. I don't want to drag around 3 bottles on the back of the welder...Bob
    Bob, Yes I agree, I have 30ft. of hose to my mig !
    It's good for when I'm on a mobile Weld job , I leave the tank on the truck & just have to move the Welder !

............ Norm

Sunrise Outside My Shop In Delhi, Ontario

- Arcair- K 4000 CAC.

- LN-25 Wire Feeder

- Lincoln Ranger 8- Engine Drive- CC\CV:

- Lincoln Power Mig 180C
    - Spoolgun.
    - DeWalt Chop Saw .
    - DeWalt Compressor - 13cfm, @ 100 psi.

www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

I just finished on for mine with basicly the same need to be able to move it around outside or take it with me. Just the other day I picked it up with the tractor and when down to Mom's hose and built some security bars for her front door. You can see all the pics and info a page or two in under MM211 welding cart if you like. I built it to have everything right there were I was using it.211 Welder cart.jpg
    "The only source of knowledge is experience." Albert Einstein

Thanks for all the help...Have any of you seen this. it's really expensive. but i like the tires!!!

http://www.allterraincarts.com/

How about the argon bottle itself ? Can you use one while its horizontal on its side as long as the flow meter is vertical?

As far as I know the only bottles you can't lay down are Argon and Propane for cutting as they are both a liquid in the bottle and you are using the gas fumes off the top of the liquid, as for shielding gasses (the common ones anyway) they are just compressed gas.
    "The only source of knowledge is experience." Albert Einstein