Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Thank you

Thank you, Thank you

I appreciate all comments, and feedback, This is the first time I have posted pictures of my stuff. It's nice to let people other than my neighbors see them.

No plans for the smoker, just started cutting what I had laying around. Do have some more pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Smoker pics continued

Finished up the grills today, Seasoned them a little, and tried it out with some burgers, and dogs.

I wanted to make it look like an old boiler, or something.

I cut the heads off of about 70 carriage head bolts, drilled about 70 holes, and welded them in to look like rivets.

Wish I had the tools to do real rivets, assuming you can even buy them somewhere anymore.

The grills are 1/2" round bar, 3/4" oc, I drilled holes in some 1" flat, and welded the round bar in from the outside ( Next time I want to use stainless round bar, if I can find the money for it ) The 1/2" was leftover from the patio railings.
    Last edited by bubba9459; 11-23-2009 at 08:25 PM.

The rings were rolled in my homemade ring roller, which is still a work in progress.

did you put a side door on the fire box

The "rivets" and strapping are a nice touch. It really gives it a finished the look IMHO. Nice work
    DYNASTY 200SD
    COOLMATE 1
    MM140AS
    SPOOLMATE 100
    SPECTRUM 625 X-TREME
    SPECTRUM 125C

No side door on the firebox, just 5 1" holes

More yard art, and a different view of the orange flowers, I added some to the backside ( It kinda looked empty from my neighbors side of the fence)

The orange flowers are 14ga formed over an old log ( Since I don't have an anvil yet )

The yellow, pink, and green things will be in a group someday, with about 5-6 more, Hopefully with 1-2 taller than the green one ( It is only 12 ft tall ) They are made of 1/8" plate, they are all three sided, I like trying to bend the compound curves.

The butterfly is 1/4" plate, cut with an oxy/propane torch ( Wish I had a Plasma ) Can't wait till tax refund time.

Been cleaning the garage all day, looking through the junk piles for something else to build. Lots of junk to look at, I run a crane in a steel mill scrap yard, I see so much useable stuff, most of it ends up in the furnace.

Oups, some of the pics are too big, I will try to resize them

Resized pics