Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Angel wings

Yea, I'm going to give that a try when I have time.*I designed this wing in Flexisign & imported it as a DXF file mostly because I'm under the gun to get this stuff done and I'm familiar with Flexi. I've got a few other things to do for the same project that will be a real challenge for a newbie Aspire user. I'm sure glad they have those DVD tutorials.

They have the most informative and the nicest members of any forum I've ever been on. I've never seen an arguement or a bad word. Everyone is always willing to help. They're great. I think it's because they are busy being productive and don't have the extra time to be a jerk.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Yes, they've been very helpful to me. I've got some projects coming up I'll need more or their help I'm sure.
    Tonight I glued the pieces together. To make room for the aluminum mounting tabs, I marked out where they go on the foam & used a heat gun to shrink that area. Then I sprayed great stuff on the mating surfaces & squeegeed it to knock down the foam. Laid the aluminum tabs in place, laid up the parts & carefully weighted them down with cinder blocks.
    As Norm Abrams would say.....''I'll let them cook overnight''. lol

are you mass producing them.

Quote Originally Posted by m.k.swelding View Post
    are you mass producing them.
    Nope, these are 1 off items for the upcoming Christmas Program @ Church. I've got a couple other things I'm doing for the play also, I'll post as I get them done. Not a whole lot of welding involved but I thought since it's Christmas & this thread is already here......
    The last item will be a full size camel. I'm saving that for last because it's not needed until the play dates & it will be by far the most challenging. It will be an outside model, so I may need to fab some structure & a base so it will hold up to the wind & elements.

Got 'em done.