Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angel wings

Default Angel wings

This is sort of a CNC or metal shaping or welding thread ...
    or all of the above.
    I am making a pair of Angel Wings for the upcoming Christmas Program. I'm cutting the wings out of foam on the CNC.

While the router was running this afternoon I made the harness. Sort of an R-3 for wings. lol

Bead roller pic. is a little too fuzzy to tell what it is. But, if you've seen one HF bead roller you've seen them all.

Used the press & a scrap piece of strap iron to punch out the harness belt slots.

This is where the welding comes in......I welded the brackets to the harness. lol

The aluminum tabs will fit between the foam layers & get screwed to the brackets on the harness with self tapping screws so the wings can be positioned right.

That is really neat, what kind of CNC is that? Is it a router or some other kind of cutting device?
    "The only source of knowledge is experience." Albert Einstein

Thanks Diverdude. It's a router I use in my sign business. I've had it for years,but just upgraded to the 3-d software.

that is cool
    i really would like to get or make myself a cnc router and 1 for plasma
    hmmm? could you use the one you have with plasma aswell or is just for routers only?
    gary...

Quote Originally Posted by pro70z28 View Post
    Thanks Diverdude. It's a router I use in my sign business. I've had it for years,but just upgraded to the 3-d software.
    What 3d software did you get? I have Aspire from Vectric
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    that is cool
    i really would like to get or make myself a cnc router and 1 for plasma
    hmmm? could you use the one you have with plasma aswell or is just for routers only?
    gary...
    Yup, the servos will move anything you attach to them. Possibilities are limitless.

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    What 3d software did you get? I have Aspire from Vectric
    I have Aspire V2 also. These wings are the first job for the new software. It's a pretty cool program.

Yeah it is cool. It can do so much it's hard to keep up unless you use it every day. I used the 3d to cut my rotor blades for my ultra lite heli project. Did you have V Carve and then upgrade or just buy Aspire. I got V carve in 2007 and in Jan of 2009 paid the $900 to get Aspire while they had the promo on. Had I waited two more weeks it would have cost $1450. I think new is $2000.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

No, I was using the 2-d program that came with the CNC. Basically just a driver program. I do all my designing in Flexisign & import DXF files to be cut. Aspire is all new to me. It looks like it has all kinds of potential.

What impressed me is that you can design your own 3d projects in Aspire. . They have a lot cheaper program called Cut 3d but you can't design 3d. If you have to start buying 3d files anywhere from $10 to $50 each.....that can add up real fast.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Propane Forge